Day-3 Ellis Paul Essentials Giveaway Trivia (Oct. 12)

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Day-3 Ellis Paul Essentials Giveaway Trivia (Oct. 12)

Postby KarenZ » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:03 am

Hi folks,

OK....the first two days have been pretty easy....now we start to dig deep into the Essentials catalog. :twisted:

Back in 2001 and 2002 Ellis regularly sang (I heard it 15 times!) the Schoolhouse Rock version of the Preamble to the Constitution as an introduction to what song included on Ellis Paul Essentials? hee...hee...hee....

If you need help refreshing your memory, click below:
Schoolhouse Rock's Preamble to the Constitution.

The first person to reply with the correct answer is today's winner of a copy of Ellis Paul Essentials. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Becky

Postby Becky » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:12 am

Did Galileo Pray

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:20 am

Oh Becky! I should have known you'd know the answer! :o

You Rock! Schoolhouse Rock that is! :D

I think you should tell everyone your Ellis/Galileo story! :D

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

JayceK

Postby JayceK » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:24 am

Gah! I step into the shower and it all goes down.. oh well, at least it was a fellow okie who got it. :?
"Better to have lived in hope than to never have lived at all!"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:26 am

Jayce, your signature says it all! :lol:

KarenZ

JayceK

Postby JayceK » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:27 am

Haha! :lol:

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:44 am

Man, I missed it again. Maybe it's a conspiracy. Maybe people win only if they've lived in Oklahoma for more than three years. Maybe somehow Stillwater doesn't really count.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Becky

Postby Becky » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:01 am

Gosh, I feel so lucky today!! If I had to pick only one Ellis song as the one that means the most to me, it would have to be "Did Galileo Pray." I heard that song at my very first Ellis show (back in Dec. 1998) and I immediately thought that Ellis should come visit the library at the University of Oklahoma where I work. A couple of years later, after "Live" came out, I was listening to it at work and our curator came into my office. I played it for her and she asked to hear it again and then asked me if I thought Ellis would want to come visit. So I asked and he did and now that visit has even been written about in a physics journal!! I'll never forget him playing that song up in the collection...it certainly was my most memorable day at the office yet!
Becky

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:13 am

This is a little tangential, and probably should be a pm, but I saw the reference to OU and it made me think of a bumper sticker I saw last summer when I was driving down the I-70:

"Oklahoma State University: The REAL University of Oklahoma."

:lol:

Congrats Becky!
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Becky

Postby Becky » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:20 am

Hmmm...I've lived in Oklahoma all my life and never seen that bumper sticker!! :lol: Well, all I can say is has Ellis ever played there?? :D
Okay, has everyone that has won so far had some Oklahoma connection??

Thanks for the congrats!!
Becky

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:03 am

I don't think he's ever played at OSU (that was hard to choke out ;) ) BUT he has also played at UCO!!

BTW...I did get a chance to see the article Becky is talking about....really cool!!!

JayceK

Postby JayceK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:00 am

Really? I'm a sophomore at UCO, I wonder when he played there. :?:

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:11 am

I brought him there I think when I was a sophmore so it would have been around '99. It was so much fun!!!

JayceK

Postby JayceK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:22 am

That's awsome, where did he perform?

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:40 am

Ha! Of course you had to ask that - I can't remember the name of it. He played in the auditorium in the University Center. It was brand new when I started there so that can tell you how old I'm getting! :)

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:50 am

It was driving me crazy that I couldn't think of the name so I looked it up....he played in Constitution Hall.

Becky

Postby Becky » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:48 pm

I remember that show, Emily!! I also remember Ellis saying something about getting up early that morning...maybe 4 a.m. or even 3 to get to Providence to fly to Oklahoma. I was so amazed that he could put on such an incredible show.
And Ellis has played at OU before, too, in Meacham Auditorium. I don't know what's wrong with OSU that they haven't booked him yet. :lol:
Becky

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”