Today (Aug. 31) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (Aug. 31) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:32 am

The singer/songwriter pictured above was born on Aug. 31, 1945 in Belfast, North Ireland. His career has spanned four decades and in the year 2000 he was inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Ellis Paul and Vance Gilbert covered one of his songs on their 2003 Side of the Road release.

Do you know the title of the song Ellis and Vance covered? Click here for answer.

To find out who the artist pictured above is and to read more about him here.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:16 am

Ooh ooh I know this one!!! :D

He is the only artist that I really enjoy, yet have no interest in seeing perform live. I have heard horror stories about him having a "bad night". :(
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:56 am

First time we saw Van Morrison he was just awesome - great stage presence, superb band of musicians that he was directing using finger movements behind his back, wonderful voice, fantastic sound system and brilliant songs. To this day I still regard it as one of the best concerts I've ever attended - Dominion Theatre, London circa late 80's.

Subsequently have seen him (more than once) and have been very disappointed - now I just pass up on opportunities to see him again.

Am just glad that I have such good memories of that first ever gig and know how brilliant a performer he can be.

Jela

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”