May 22 in EP music history trivia!

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

May 22 in EP music history trivia!

Postby KarenZ » Sun May 22, 2011 10:12 am

Wow....it's already been four years today that the Ellis Paul article was Today's Feature Article on the Main Page of Wikipedia!

Also couldn't let this date go by go by without remembering that it was on May 22, 1997 that I went to my first Ellis Paul show at the now defunct club called The Backstage in Seattle. 8)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: May 22 in EP music history trivia!

Postby Patti » Sun May 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Ahh.. I knew this date was coming up , great work on the wiki article..

I didn't look at the link now but wonder if you have updated it since the first posting?

.. I don't remember it being the anniversary of the fist time you saw him.. that is very cool Karen !!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Patti,

Yes, I have continued to update the Wikipedia article in the 4 years since. I've also done alot of work on the Woody Guthrie Folk Festival article, Jimmy LaFave, Red Dirt music, and quite a few others. (It's the domino effect.) :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon May 23, 2011 4:26 pm

The world AIN'T slowing down

Four years, already?

Where's that cryin emoticon?

:cry:

I was going to try and find a place at Eddie Owen's bar or maybe even Miller's Place to say the next time I hear either of those songs there will be a tear in my beer. But, what I reaaaaaaaaly want to know now, is this:

Does Ellis Paul have even one song with the word beer in it?

He has to, right?

Right?

:oops:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon May 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Paddy,

Can't think of one specifically.....but I suspect when Alice "pushes a Mason jar across the bar," it ain't filled with wine. ;-)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon May 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Imagine Johnny Cash had a beer or ten in him when he took to the stage of The Grand Ole Opry to Kick Out The Lights
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon May 23, 2011 10:34 pm

I think Don Con wants a wiki page too.. I seem to remember him saying recently what does it take to get a wiki page and I believe I answered a Karen Z. :lol:
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue May 24, 2011 8:28 am

I think DonCon needs a PattiD. ;-)

KarenZ

Patti wrote:I think Don Con wants a wiki page too.. I seem to remember him saying recently what does it take to get a wiki page and I believe I answered a Karen Z. :lol:

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”