March 5 in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

March 5 in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 am

Folks,

It was on this date - March 5 - in 1963 that Patsy Cline was tragically killed in the crash of a private airplane while at the pinnacle of her career.

Ellis Paul pays a tribute to Cline on his latest recording The Day After Everything Changed. I'll send a copy of EP's new CD to the first person who replies identifying the nature of Ellis' tribute to Cline.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Mtn Gal

Re: March 5 in EP Music History Trivia

Postby Mtn Gal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 pm

He pays tribute to Patsy Cline with his rendition of Walking After Midnight which she recorded in 1957.
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:06 am

Congratulations, Mtn Gal! You're our winner! I have a copy of the CD sitting here ready to go in the mail, so please PM me with your snail mail address and your prize will be on its way to you. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 am

First let me congratulate you Mtngal on the win...congrats!
Next let me say thanks Karen, excellent trivia...thx Karen xlnt trvia!

Lastly let me add that on Boston Boat I sittin front row center my cousin a first timer at an Ellis Paul show about came out of his folding chair when Ellis and the band dove right into this Patsy Cline cover. Pretty sure it sealed the deal for him. He missed Boston Boat II with prior plans in place but did rech out to us about Ellis' upcoming show at Tupelo Music Hall in NEW HAMPSHIRE as it's only 10 minutes away. He was set to get tickets early to insure good seats, alas, we are unable to attend with prior plans that weekend. Ah, the power of music.... 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 am

Yay! I was so afraid to post because the question had been up for 5 days and no one responded. I hadn't been here in that many days so I was seeing it for the first time and figured I'd at least try. Glad I took the chance. :)

I've been spinning my TDEAC CD for many months now but will surely pass my winning on to someone who doesn't have it yet and let her enjoy and spread the magic too. :D

Thank you!
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”