End Construction 20th Anniversary Trivia - win a prize!

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

End Construction 20th Anniversary Trivia - win a prize!

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:19 am

Folks,

From Jim Infantino's website:

Way back in the distant past - 1989 to be exact, 4 very young songwriters got together to form a travelling troupe - a tromp of troubadours, a gaggle of a guygroup, a mess of minstrals. They called themselves END CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTIONS and released an album called "resume speed".

In celebration of End Construction's (Ellis Paul, Jim Infantino, Jon Svetky, Brian Doser) 20th Anniversary show this Sunday night at Passim, I'll send a copy of the Resume Speed CD to the first person who can name all four Ellis Paul songs on the CD. Too easy. :)

One of them, of course, is a song I have never heard live. And probably never will. :cry:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Re: End Construction 20th Anniversary Trivia - win a prize!

Postby AndaleOrbea » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Because I do I do I do love you!!! I know one. I love this song. And I know the one you are referring to. I'm just going to say one. On this album, it's called Just the Jester Fool if I remember correctly.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Would have guessed Ellis would have played this one at Karen's.

This Old Car

That's all I have and it's really just a guess... :oops:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Dean and Paddy,

You are both correct! Two down and two to go..... :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

care

Postby care » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

is it ok if i cheated to win? :oops:

according to amazon.com...

the four ellis songs are:

new light on your halo
jester fool ( i too love this song a lot! i love the line "cinderella does this belong to you?)

friday night
this old car

i think i heard john svetsky perform at a passim campfire weekend once too... the name sounds really familiar...

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:59 am

care,

It's not cheating! It's researching! :-)

Congratulations! We have a winner! :)

Please PM me your full name and address and I'll pop your prize into the mail. If you go to the show Sunday night, please report back! I wish I could be there for what is sure to be a special show! :-)

KarenZ
care wrote:is it ok if i cheated to win? :oops:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Care,

Your CD prize was mailed this morning! Enjoy! :)

KarenZ

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”