July 21 in EP music history trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

July 21 in EP music history trivia

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Folks,

I attended EP show #5 on this date in 1998. The setlist from the noontime show on the east lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC is below. The numbers indicate # of times hearing a song...so I heard four songs for the first time that day! :o (I have no idea what happened to "Gracie Goes to Hollywood".) The day was a two-fer since later that night, Ellis did a show with Cheryl Wheeler at the Ram's Head Tavern in Annapolis, MD. Sweet memories. :)

Take Me Down (2)
Did Galileo Pray? (5)
The World Ain’t Slowing Down (4)
Gracie Goes to Hollywood (1)
Did I Ever Know You? (2)
Hard Travelin’ (Woody Guthrie) (1)
Lonesome Valley (Woody Guthrie) (1)
Translucent Soul (5)
*Beautiful World (2)
All Things Being the Same (3)
Words (1)
Seven (2)

I'll post a picture (from pre-digital days) when I get home. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Re: July 21 in EP music history trivia

Postby bonuela » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Lonesome Valley brings back memories of Vermont. He/we sang that around the campfire one night. :mrgreen:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Bonnie,

You have a terrific memory! :-)

OK....I used my new scanner for the first time....and these were old pre-digital prints. But it didn't come out too bad! This is probably the best shot of the old green boots that I have! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Nice photos, Karen, best of all it's nice to see that none us have aged at all since these were taken.... :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Well....um.....*some* of us have aged! :) Although the Guild wasn't looking travel-weary back then... ;)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:07 pm

just tried to log in as paddyintheboots :lol:

to ask if the boots made it into the Ellis Paul Archives?
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Yes, they did. But you knew that. ;)

Ellis Paul Archives - Artifacts

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm

I remember John Gorka's red laced black boots but never paid no never mind to Ellis' boots back in the day -- :P and certainly missed their entry into the archives...although I have perused that list and am impressed by its contents and now even more so knowing those green boots are there!!! 8)
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm

I hope to continue to add photos of some items....but it may not happen until (if) I retire. ;-)

KarenZ

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”