April 15 in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

April 15 in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:07 pm

The photo above was taken at a show at Godfrey-Daniels in Bethlehem, PA on April 15, 2005. BeckyG was visiting from Oklahoma and we did a road trip from western PA to eastern PA, then the following day headed further east to NJ for yet another EP show. It was all great fun. :)

Anyone recognize the red-haired musician (who was the opener) playing with Ellis? They did a lovely version of "Let it Be" together for the encore.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Re: April 15 inEP Music History Trivia

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Is it Pat Wictor?

I have fond memories of 'Let it Be' as it was the song Ellis and Don Con played for us two, 'unplugged' and in the audience on New Year's Eve Dec 2004 - we were at our first Passim show and it was before we got to know all you great guys and gals. Happy memories.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Jela,

Great guess! You got it! :)

I love the version of "let it be" that Ellis and Flynn do too.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Since it was April 15th, the could have done the Beatle's Tax Man song!!

Pat Wictor is appearing with Toby Walker at Stone Soup this weekend.

Anybody got any other good shows on their radar this weekend!! :wink:

Karen I am just a tad bit jealous, enjoy!!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”