February 27 in EP Music History Trivia - prize today!

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

February 27 in EP Music History Trivia - prize today!

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Folks,

On this date in 1974, Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark was certified Gold.

I'll send an copy of Ellis Paul's Notes From the Road to the first person who can name an EP song that mentions Joni. (Way too easy!) :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: February 27 in EP Music History Trivia - prize today!

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Great trivia prize, Karen. :D ----- For those new to the book, you'll never guess what Ellis is "trying" to learn to do in chapter one. :P

Great album, too...... 8) ---- I had just gotten into Joni and it was one of many I really enjoyed.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:39 am

Folks,

I'm still sitting on this prize..... :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Isn't that getting a bit uncomfortable Karen... :D

Couldn't resist Karen, sorry :lol:
I guess my brain is turning to mush, slush, snow...you name it!!

Quickly thinking of the trivia question.. I can only think of one song.. hmm..are there many more?

I hesitate to answer and win a prize but my copy of this book got water spilled on it while it was in a backpack, (at a folk festival) I am tempted to replace it..

I'll give it another day..
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Patti,

I'm thinking of only one song, although there may be others. (My brain is mush too!) Jela will know if there are more than one. :)

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Well I can only think of one song so there you go Patti!

I have a nice story about the book - I bought if for Richard as a birthday present the first time we saw Ellis play live which was 2003 at the Newport Folk Festival - I got him to sign it and I remember telling Ellis that we'd come from the UK specially to see him at the Festival but I don't think he believed me! He probably would now though????

It was the time of the 'Ribbon of Highway' show and the following day he played with Slaid Cleaves and Jeff Plankenhorn - in fact it was probably the first time they sang 'She Was' to an audience.

Richard's actual birthday coincided with the Festival that year which was a nice coincidence and I've since discovered that he shares the day, but not the year (!) with Rachel :)

Fond memories.......

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Jela,
I think EP would believe you now. ;)
KarenZ
Richard + Jela wrote:I have a nice story about the book - I bought if for Richard as a birthday present the first time we saw Ellis play live which was 2003 at the Newport Folk Festival - I got him to sign it and I remember telling Ellis that we'd come from the UK specially to see him at the Festival but I don't think he believed me! He probably would now though???? Jela

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Ellis and Sharon were at the festival when it got wet, I was asking Sharon where they were when cover picture was taken (by her). They couldn't say exactly but Ellis generously offered to replace it then, but I declined. I had preorederd my book, so it is numbered and autographed, so even though it is "slightly damaged" it is still a keeper!!
Last edited by Patti on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

monicar

Postby monicar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:53 am

I'm actually able to try and get caught up here on the board now that life has quieted down some. Watching parents/relatives age and deal with health issues is not fun!

Jela, I was in Newport in 2003 ... before we knew each other! That was such a great Festival!!!!!

Karen, I hope you are not too uncomfortable still sitting on the book. I have a copy, so I'm not going to answer either!!!

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:27 am

MonicaR,

I'm fine sitting on the book. I guess I'm gonna have to come up with more obscure prizes for you devotees! :) (But remember....you can always pass the prize along to someone else as a way to Spread the Word!) ;)

KarenZ
monicar wrote:Karen, I hope you are not too uncomfortable still sitting on the book. I have a copy, so I'm not going to answer either!!! Monica R.

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:16 am

Great idea Karen..

Then here goes... Juke Box On My Grave !!

I will put the good to very good use in spreading the word.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 am

Correct answer, Patti! That's the spirit! :D I'll pop the prize in the mail to you. I have your address. ;)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 am

"let's go surfing now, everybody's learning how" :P

:lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”