Today in EP/Beatles Music History Trivia - Nov. 24, 2008

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today in EP/Beatles Music History Trivia - Nov. 24, 2008

Postby KarenZ » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:58 am

Folks,

Believe it or not, the Beatles White Album, pictured below if you look closely, ;) was released in the U.S. 40 years ago today. The Wikipedia article linked in the prior sentence contains some fascinating information about the album.

There's at least one song on the White Album that Ellis Paul has been known to cover.....usually with good buddy Vance Gilbert. Anyone want to take a guess? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

BillE

Re: Today in EP/Beatles Music History Trivia - Nov. 24, 2008

Postby BillE » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Dear Prudence.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Way to go BillE! So glad I nudged you out of lurkdom. :)

I think you should tell folks the story about buying the Hey Jude/Revolution 45rpm......and where that piece of vinyl is now. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

BillE

Postby BillE » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:51 pm

I don't remember the story. I assume that the 45 is in my cabinet with the other Beatles 45's. Or did I give it to someone? Gettin' old is a b*tch...

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”