July 21 in EP Music History Trivia - prize today!

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

July 21 in EP Music History Trivia - prize today!

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:56 pm

Folks,

Goodness. Ten years have passed since I saw Ellis do a co-bill with the woman pictured below at The Ram's Head Tavern in Annapolis, MD on July 21, 1998! (It was show #6 for me!) :)
She's one of my favorite female singer-songwriters. To win a copy of this year's WoodyFest program (I'll get it autographed by Ellis, if you'd like), simply be the first to reply to this posting with the name of the female pictured below. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Re: July 21 in EP Music History Trivia - prize today!

Postby bonuela » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:53 pm

I do not have an answer to this question, but let me tell you what I have learned during my internet search. :mrgreen:

1. The oldest show listed in Ellis' Tour section is 2/9/1999 in Sutter Creek CA.

2. In 1792 the Ram's Head live building was opened as the "Crown and Dial" and owned by William Faris.

3. KarenZ has not started a thread about this artist.

4. The Ellis Paul Setlist Project has been taken down due to spammers. :cry:

5. I can connect Ellis to Jimmy Carter in six degrees or less, but I don't know the name of this artist.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Bonnie,

You are an absolute HOOT! :lol:

How remiss of me to not have started a thread about this artist.....who happens to be playing at Jonathan's in Ogunquit, ME this week - the day before Ellis. (How's that for a clue?) ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:54 pm

My apologies, there is a thread about Cheryl Wheeler. I mistook her name for Christine Lavin's :oops: , and I know what she looks like.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:13 am

Bonnie,

Well they do sorta resemble each other. :) I'll bring your prize to Boston. I think you'll like it. You can get it signed yourself! :)

Another bit of trivia about July 21, 1998 is that Ellis also did a show at noon on the East lawn of the Capitol. So I actually got shows #5 and #6 in that day. ;) I have pictures, but it was in the pre-digital age so I'd have to scan them to share.....maybe someday. :)

Karen

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:39 am

Great trivia today, Karen and congrats Bonnie!!! :D

We love Cheryl Wheeler around here since discovering her and her music and humor long ago. She is so talented and a real hoot in concert. We saw her live last summer (maybe 2 summers now :oops: ) in King of Prussia, Pa. and even my son got in on the act as all the way home we sere singing Cheryl's crowd pleasing song:

Potato Potato Potato :lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”