June 22 in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

June 22 in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:23 am

Folks,

It's been 9 years :shock: since Ellis played the Milliennium Stage at The Kennedy Center. Devotees will know that his setlist that day included two songs that have never been recorded. We've talked about the setlist and those two songs many times, it seems. :)

Anyone want to guess what the two songs are? Click on the link below to watch the entire 60-minute performance. He starts off with some wicked harmonica - playing BeckyG's favorite song. :)

Ellis Paul at the Kennedy Center

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Karen

Do remember that we talked about the songs.

Long gone, now. :?

Something tells me Changing Your Name was one.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Paddy,

You done good. That's the opener. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Luck of the Irish and a sometimes working memory! :D

Lovin the trivia, Miss K. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:26 pm

I know that we have discussed this before but for the life of me I can't think what the other unrecorded song is.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:49 am

Jela and all,

I guess I better give the answer. The two unrecorded songs are "Everything's Broken" and "Rainy Season". BeckyG's favorite song "Changing Your Name" appears on Disk 2 of Ellis Paul Live.
:)

KarenZ

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”