Jan. 17 in EP Music History Trivia - win a prize!

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Jan. 17 in EP Music History Trivia - win a prize!

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:11 am

Good morning folks,

Today is the birthday of actor Jim Carrey - pictured below in the movie "Me, Myself and Irene" - born on this date in 1962.

To win a copy of the movie's soundtrack, simply be the first person to reply to this posting with the Ellis Paul connection to the movie. Way too easy..... :D

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:33 am

Ellis's song The World Ain't Slowing Down was a feature track to the movie.. I believe twice with the words and twice as an instrumental...(or musical score, is that what they call it)
Last edited by Patti on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:35 am

Agreed way to easy, but I don't own this soundtrack but I do have the soundtrack to Shallow Hal and it is one of my fav's. I figured I should have this one too :)

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:42 am

Now that I looked at the listings, I see Push Stars, Hootie and the Blow Fish..cool.... (on the Shallow Hal soundtrack Darious R. from Hootie sings my second favorite song!!)

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:45 am

Great trivia question, Karen...congrats, Patti!!!

Sure it was easy, still, nice to offer the fans without the soundtrack a chance to win it. I thought I owned the soundtrack, but now I think, like patti, I own Shallow Hal -- but not this one.

Patti's right....it would be nice to own this one, too.

I really enjoyed the movie, too....especially Ellis' songs. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:48 am

Way to go Patti! You're our soundtrack winner! :D

It was a horrid movie....the best part was the ending...for more than one reason! ;) (That's when we hear Ellis' song in its entirety. Yay!) :)

I think I have your address so I'll mail your prize within a few days.

Thanks for participating! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:22 am

WAHOO.... Thanks....

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:00 pm

For years I was constantly talking about Ellis to a good girlfriend of mine, I was always trying to get her to listen to his music. She tried, but just didn't get into it, she would tell me she really wanted to like the music because she saw how much I enjoyed it, but it wasn't to be. Lo and behold one day I am looking at her video collection and I see Me Myself and Irene, she tells me she LOVES that movie..when I told her Ellis sings the main song to the movie... she starts singing it too... and says she loves that song she had no idea it was Ellis. Go figure, I guess some things have to be found on their own...

(And yes I'm sure I told her about the song being in the movie, but by the time she bought the movie it was quite a bit later)

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Great story Patti....and probably an all too common one. That's to say it's much like the old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it."

I have tried for years to convince family and friends of mine that they should check out this artist or that artist (often it's Ellis Paul) and have finally realized that sometimes, it's simply no use. :?

Folks are inspired by what inspires them......that simple, I guess.
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Patti,

Your CD prize was mailed out today. Enjoy! :)

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Thank You !!! I just got an email from BMG today that a few CD's I ordered from them are on their way... so much great music and so little time....

I am really thinking of getting an IPOD so I can have my music with me, EVERYWHERE...

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”