Cactus Cafe pics - July 8, 2006

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

christyT

Cactus Cafe pics - July 8, 2006

Postby christyT » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:55 pm

some pictures of ellis and don...and a few of Sam Baker...

hope this works!!! :) if so, enjoy -- if not, KarenZ will straighten me out when she returns from her travels.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... ifq2p&Ux=1

Nance

Postby Nance » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:21 pm

Great photos Christy!!!

Thanks for sharing-I love the way you framed them-two guitars on stage, Ellis under the "exit" sign.

Looks like a great show.

Nancy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:03 am

Always look forward to seeing photos of the shows especially as we can't get to as many as you guys do, so thank you for posting these. You have taken a lot so the slide show is great.

PS Sam Baker looks very different from his photo on his CD? Wouldn't have recognised him. He is a definate must see for us but I guess we're gonna have to wait until we can get over there - maybe SXSW in 2007?

Jela

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:43 pm

Thanks Christy - great pictures, and it looks like a wonderful show! Also looks like Ellis got a hair cut - or maybe he was just extra-shaggy the last time I saw him. :lol:
Thanks for sharing!
~Lauren

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:30 am

Thank you Christy. You too are becoming a technology diva. Hope you submit some of those for "Fan Photo of the Week."

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:17 pm

Christy,

You go girl! Thanks for taking the time to figure out how to post the pix! They're terrific! I'll try to post the ones I've taken over the last 10 days in TX/OK as soon as I can......laundry first. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

christyT

Postby christyT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:50 pm

i don't know about technology diva... :!: ... but i am enjoying learning how to use my relatively new digital camera -- woo hoo!!!

it was a great show... :D

Jela -- i've seen sam baker 5 or 6 times now, i think...and he has never looked like his photo on the CD. He always looks like he does in my pics of him...down to the same outfit even. he is a must see, though!!! and a nice guy, too.

Karen - i am glad you did not have to walk me through the picture posting process OR post them yourself!!! you do so much for this board, it seems you have more than enough on your plate. looking forward to your photos - but am sure laundry and rest are priorities post woodyfest. was it hot there this year? :wink: i'm hoping to make it next year...but, difficult to tell at this point. one of my favorite live music memories is from the second woodyfest that i attended. the main stage artists would go back to the brickstreet after the music was done in the pastures of plent. anyway, i have a vivid memory of feeling GREAT and dancing barefoot in the basement of the Brickstreet to Ellis belting out Knockin' on Heaven's Door --

hope all y'all are well. thanks for the positive feedback on the pics...i had fun taking and editing them!

best,
christy

Return to “Photograph”