WoodyFest 2007

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

WoodyFest 2007

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:55 pm

Folks,

Finally! Photos from this year's WoodyFest! :)

WoodyFest 2007

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:47 am

Ah...such wonderful memories. Thanks Karen for posting your pix.

Jela

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:15 am

Wonderful photos and wonderful reports (on the 3000 Miles forum)! Thank you Karen and Jela! It's obvious it was a fabulous event.
-wendy

monicar

Postby monicar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:31 am

Great pictures, Karen!

You even got a couple of Rad ..... as I mentioned, that's not easy to do as he's always in motion!

Monica R.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:28 am

Folks

Thanks to all of you who were at Woody Fest for making Jela and me so welcome. We had a wonderful time and hope we can return next year.

Now that I've got my head back together and caught up on much needed sleep the following link should hopefully take you to a selection of my Woody Fest pics.

WoodyFest2007

Richard

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:44 am

WOW!!!!
I love #3, Richard. What a great shot of Rad and Ellis! (you must use fast film :lol: )
-wendy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:44 am

Oooooh Richard! These are so wonderful! Thank you! The pictures taken with my little digital camera can't compare! Yowza! :D

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:52 am

Awesome pics, Richard! Thanks for sharing.

I knew you were going to have some incredible shots!!!! Lucky US!!!!

Monica R.

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:00 pm

Karen - love the pics of the wall - Is that in the basement of the Crystal? I wanted to get back there to take some pics - Christopher found my signature there last year. I can't even remember signing it so it must have been when I was REALLY young. I only remember being back there once or twice.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Emily,

Yes, the signatures are on the wall in the basement of the Crystal....and believe me....that basement is one scary place to be! Shaky wooden steps leading down into a musty-smelling and damp pit! :shock:

KarenZ

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:09 pm

It still sounds the same! I think he said he found mine on some wooden planks - are the "dressing rooms" still there? I think mine is around there - not sure. You'll have to sneak me in there next time! ;)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Yes, the "dressing rooms" are still there!

I'll take you down next time! :)

KarenZ

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Great pictures Karen, I can't wait to get home to take a peek at Richard's photos.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:32 pm

Thank you both for sharing. It looks like another great 'fest.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

danaj

Postby danaj » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:05 pm

Ah, such gorgeous photos Richard... they made me smile. Really big. Like this... :D And giggle a little to see the ones of Greg Klyma doin' his thing for the waiting line at the Crystal. I'm so glad that so many people got to enjoy him (he's my other fella' I follow :wink: ) And the pics of EP and Rad... 8)

Oh, and KARENZ :!: You fixed me up with the FEET :!: You all just don't know how good it makes me feel to know that I'm not the only one with that particular obsession. :lol:

:sings: Thaaaanks for the mem'ries..... :wink:
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

Jimmy Pollard

Postby Jimmy Pollard » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:44 pm

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thanks for the pictures! Awesome!!!! Owww!

Jimmy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:28 am

Folks,

Dennis Andersen posted a link to his WoodyFest photos (169 in all!) on the festival website so I thought I'd also post the link here.

WoodyFest 2007 photos by Dennis Andersen

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:21 am

Another great set of pix - WOW!

Jela

BillE

Postby BillE » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Some Woodyfest photos:

Woodyfest 2007
Last edited by BillE on Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Great pictures all of them.... I DO hope to make it some year....

I notice in one of the Richard pictures Ellis is playing Antje's guitar..(though maybe somebody mentioned that all ready)

Karen ,( or anyone) The fact that it was the 10 year anniversary make it bigger or better, or do they always have such a great lineup?

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:19 pm

Patti,

I think there's always a terrific line-up. And yes, Ellis played Antje's guitar during Antje's set when they did "Minor Key" together.

KarenZ

danaj

Postby danaj » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:33 pm

Patti,

I have to say, it's always a great lineup. You simply must come and experience it sometime!
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:24 am

Another great set of photos - thanks BillE. It's nice to keep getting these posted on the board as it keeps the memories very fresh.

As newbies to WoodyFest and long time concert/festival goers we have to say that this was one of the best festivals we have been to. So for any of you who might be thinking about going next year, we'd recommend it very highly.

Jela (+ Richard)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:14 am

BillE,

Somehow I missed your post. WOW is right! Great shots! Thanks so much. I agree that it's nice to relive the festival through the various eyes of cameras.... :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Folks,

WoodyFest Official Photographer Jim Dirden has given his approval for me to post a link to a video of photo highlights from this year's WoodyFest. The slideshow video is a little more than 2-minutes in length. Ellis is represented partway through. His feet too. :)

WoodyFest 2007 highlights video

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:37 pm

All of Jim Dirden's 2007 WoodyFest photos are below:

2007 WoodyFest

KarenZ

danaj

Postby danaj » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:45 pm

Ellis is represented partway through. His feet too.

Yes, Karen. I too noticed that. Along with DonCon's feet. :)

4 of my Fab Five are on the children's festival page, along with my best friend's lil' redhead. They are the gaggle of girlies with their feet in the little creek-let in the park.

Jim always gets such gorgeous shots.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Folks,

Melissa Bugg has provided this spectacular slideshow from WoodyFest 2007 for our viewing pleasure. Jela, this is sure to make you smile. :)

Make sure to have your speakers on! :)

http://www.artistictouchphoto.com/woodyfest2007

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:27 pm

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a fantastic set of photos and I'm humbled to be included in such stellar company.

WoodyFest 2008 can't come round fast enough!

Melissa is such a talent and deserves wider recognistion for her work. I'm going to post a link on a BBC discussion board as I know that my fellow 'Whisperers' will love to see this show.

Karen, thanks so much for posting this and thanks to Melissa too.

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Wonderful slideshow from Woodyfest, Karen, thanks for sharing them. I'm with you Jela, Melissa Bugg deserves to be more widely know for her skills behind the lens. I enjoy all the photos of hers I've sen here on the forum. :D Who's voice do we hear singing Woody Guthrie's song "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key" over the slideshow presentation? At first I thought it would be Ellis Paul. Sounds a little like Michael Fracasso or Jonsmith, maybe?
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:34 pm

Paddy,

Sorry, I thought everyone would know that it's Joel Rafael singing. :) He recorded two CDs of Woody songs: Woodeye and Woodyboy.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanks....I have one old Joel Rafael Band CD (from Kerrville days) and haven't heard him in so long. I'm sure he's all over the Woodyfest DVD I won here... :D But I've yet to give that the time it deserves. Anyway, Joel's version of "Way over Yonder in the Minor Key" is perfect for the slideshow.

Jela, that's a pretty special photo....I'd say. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:36 pm

Double WOW... that was great Karen thanks for sharing, Melissa has such talent.
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Photograph”