Baldwin's Station - Sykesville, MD - 24 May 2007

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sue Ellen

Baldwin's Station - Sykesville, MD - 24 May 2007

Postby Sue Ellen » Mon May 28, 2007 11:33 am

Here are the photos I took at Baldwin's Station:

BALDWIN'S STATION: 24 MAY 2007

I'm quite happy with them and am certain the Three Philosphers improved the sight of my legally blind artistic eye.
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

mm

Postby mm » Mon May 28, 2007 12:34 pm

Awesome shots, Sue Ellen! Looks like you were right there up front!! I really like the one in Fan Photo, as he was recognizing the fan who snapped it, it appears!
Are those without a flash even? (I'm always torn about using a flash during a show...)

What do you guys all think about the flash issue and the much better quality shots it allows? So far, unless others are, I don't, but was wondering what others do.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Mon May 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Actually Ellis was posing for somone with a camera phone and I happened to be just over his right shoulder and snapped one too.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon May 28, 2007 1:22 pm

Sue Ellen,

Who are the Three Philosophers whom you keep mentioning??? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Mon May 28, 2007 8:14 pm

wendy

Postby wendy » Tue May 29, 2007 7:59 am

Excellent shots, Sue Ellen!
Thanks for sharing! (and for the great report)
-wendy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue May 29, 2007 1:47 pm

mm wrote:What do you guys all think about the flash issue and the much better quality shots it allows? So far, unless others are, I don't, but was wondering what others do.

In general, I do not use a flash, plus I have the light on my camera covered with some duct tape. I also shut the video monitor if I have someone right behind me. BUT, if there are a million flashes going on around me, I will use flash for a few.

One time I got yelled at for flashing too much, and it wasn't even me. It was the lady behind me. :oops:

Sue Ellen, those are great shots. I too love the one that looks like he is posing for you. I have one of those from the last show I went to. :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

mm

Postby mm » Tue May 29, 2007 7:33 pm

Sue Ellen, thanks for the pictorial. I had thought the philosophers you were referring to were perhaps the See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil dudes.
:)

And Bonnie, You take such great shots with that there camera of yours! And you are always really considerate with it too!
Last edited by mm on Tue May 29, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed May 30, 2007 3:13 am

Monica - great minds think alike! I also thought that it was the

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil dudes.

that Sue Ellen was referring to.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 30, 2007 6:17 am

And here's two of the three! :D

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed May 30, 2007 7:08 am

Great shot! Where did you take it?

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 30, 2007 8:35 am

Jela,

That photo was taken on Oct. 8, 1999 at the Methodist Church in West Creek, NJ. :)

In looking at my setlist from that night, I see that it was the first time I heard Ellis and Don do "Deportee" as well as the Pierce Pettis cover "Just like Jim Brown" (which Don recorded earlier that year on Mysterious Light.)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 30, 2007 8:42 am

In thinking about it more - I guess Vance would be the "speak no evil" dude. ;)

KarenZ

mm

Postby mm » Wed May 30, 2007 4:41 pm

I like that they are each poised about the word "Holy". Like a name tag for each boy.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 30, 2007 5:02 pm

Monica,

If my memory serves me well, it was the Holy, Holy that prompted the pose. ;)

KarenZ

Return to “Photograph”