NM/AZ March 2-4, 2007

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

NM/AZ March 2-4, 2007

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 pm

Folks,

Here's the pictures I took over the weekend in Pinos Altos, NM; Tucson, AZ and Cave Creek, AZ.

Ellis Paul in NM and AZ: March 2-4, 2007

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:36 pm

Outdoors with a campfire? What an awesome environment for an Ellis show!!

Great pix Karen. :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

JennyLevE

Yup!

Postby JennyLevE » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:46 pm

I agree and it must have been great for Ellis to have all of that family there!
--Jen
“Tell me which part
Is it the CASTLE, or the SAND
That you miss when the TIDE comes along?”
-- Ellis Paul

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:53 pm

Great pix Karen and well worth the anticipation!

Hope that y'all had a great time.......sure looks as if it was a super trip.

Am jealous of the sunshine...we have had seven consecutive months of above average rainfall drip, drip, drip............

Jela

mm

Postby mm » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:20 pm

Ha!
Karen, I SWEAR that Opera House was profiled a few months ago in one of those Ghost Hunter shows (I'll find out the name of the show)....it's supposedly haunted. I recognize everything from your photos. They had a team go out and film stuff in the middle of the night. Of course they never catch much when the cameras are running, which is the comedy of the show to us, but in this one they caught a couple experiences in a couple rooms.
Did you come away with any of your own ghost stories???

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:00 am

Thank you for the vicarious enjoyment. Looks like it was a wonderful tour all around.
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:44 am

Love the photos, Karen. Especially enjoyed:

The route 66 sign at Cave Creek......full circle. :wink:
The harley motorcycles that park where horses once did.
The old piano and cash register and of course the stagecoach.
The return of the Black Western shirt so befitting the settings. 8)
Ellis unplugged in the crowd with his guitar doubling as back scratcher. :lol:

The photo of Ellis' parents. His dad has a great smile. The one of his mom could almost have a caption that reads: My son was supposed to be a lawyer. :P

Photos of Ellis reading a tombstone in Tombstone, AZ would have iced it.

You're amazing, Karen.

And so very, very lucky!!!

Thanks very much for sharing these photos. Looking forward to the "rest of the story" when it appears in the 3000 Miles thread for these shows.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:17 pm

Karen - great job !

Those pictures have me green with envy - what a great trip that must have been !
Jeff

Becky

Postby Becky » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:47 pm

Yes, thanks for the pix, Karen! I am grateful for you as I just never take a camera....I don't know why...I just don't even think about it before a trip. So I'm always so thankful when there are pix to look at when I get back home.

I wish I'd known about the ghosts in the opera house beforehand....I would have been more observant or perhaps by expecting to see a ghost, something would have happened. So unfortunately, I don't have any ghost stories to share. Although if we'd seen one, I'm afraid that I would have been a bit nervous about our accomodations that night out in the woods with no one else around and no cell phone coverage...it would have been a bit spooky!

It was so nice to get to meet the parents...they are such lovely people. One thing I just have to share is about that night at Cave Creek. It was pretty chilly out and as the show was beginning Ellis mentioned being cold on stage. Well, his father just happened to be walking by the front of the stage right then on his way to his seat when he asked Ellis if he would like his mother's jacket. It was just a priceless moment!

I also got to re-connect with Susan in Tucson...she was the person who turned me on to Ellis's music many years ago. I hope she knows how thankful I am for her! :D

Becky

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:49 pm

Oh Becky, I just laughed out loud reading your story ~ where Ellis' dad offers his mom's jacket to wear. Onstage. It's funny to me for personal reasons - like it's just the sort of thing my parents might have done.

Small world. Thanks for sharing that story.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:43 am

Folks,

Here's two shots taken in Cave Creek, AZ by Ellis' dad, Ed Plissey.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:59 am

Folks,

And I just posted this picture take I took in Cave Creek on the main website in the Onstage Gallery. If you go to the Onstage Gallery and click on "High Resolution" it looks even better. :)

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:33 pm

Lovely pics - thanks for posting them.

With the fairy lights in the background - brings back memories of Xmas and New Year.

Jela

Return to “Photograph”