Stone Mt. Arts Center - Brownfield, ME - 1/13/07

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Stone Mt. Arts Center - Brownfield, ME - 1/13/07

Postby bonuela » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:24 pm

I was way up in the balcony. Great for viewing, not so great for photographing. HERE they are anyway. In wish I had more of the venue because it was so beautiful.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:36 pm

Bonnie - thanks. It does look like a beautiful venue with lots of atmosphere and character.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:44 pm

Bonnie,

Wow...what a beautiful looking space! Thanks for sharing them! I want to visit that place someday....preferably in the summer. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

wendy

Postby wendy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:20 am

That is such a cool-looking place! Thanks for the photos, Bonnie!

Guess we'll just have to bite the bullet and make the trip one of these days :lol: (I don't imagine it will take much arm-twisting)

I'm so glad that Carol's dream came to such nice fruitian (sp?)
-wendy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:58 am

Nice photos at Stone Mountain Arts Center, Bonuela. What a nice job Carol Noonan and her husband did turning what looks like an "old barn?" into a venue for folks to enjoy live music. It's looks beautiful in the pictures and I'm so glad you were there and shared the photos with us.

A couple questions........Did Susan really "bump" her head???....Ouch!!!

How did you end up with seats in the balcony? I thought it looked cool from up there, as seen in the photos....... :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:49 am

Yes, Susan did bump her head! Not where the sign was, under the beam it was posted on!!

We had balcony seats because by the time we decided to go, all of the dinner seating was sold out. There was general admissions seating behind the tables on the main floor, but the view was much better from the front row of the balcony. :D

When you get to a show two and a half hours early you pretty much have your choice of the general admission seats!! I get really stressed before shows, so I like to get there as soon as doors open so I can settle in and mellow out before the show.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:58 am

There was a club in Houston called "Rockerfellers" and the steps the musicians could take to enter and exit the stage were situated in such a way that it would be easy to "bonk" their head on the balcony seating facade......prompting the club to place a placard on the lower part of that balcony facade, for all stage hands and band members to see, that said:

HIT HEAD HERE :shock:

I always got a kick outta that sign....and never saw anyone comply with it! :P
paddy

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Thanks Bonnie! :roll:

Thanks for the concern Paddy, I'm fine!
Susan

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:00 pm

You're welcome!! :D

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:35 pm

Susan....where are my manners?

I meant to ask if you were okay...assumed you were, but still I should of asked. I don't know why i bonk my head as often as I do, but at least a few more times a year than I ever expect to. It's oftentimes quite a shock to the sensiblities...like, at my age, I should not be bumping my head on things MORE OFTEN than my young son does. :shock:

Glad you're no worse for wear , Susan. :D
paddy

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Don't worry about it Paddy!, Nothing hurt but my pride.
I am a klutz, always have been, always will be. This is why I'm smiling and pointing in the picture. Leave it to me! :lol:
Susan

Return to “Photograph”