Club Passim 12/30/06 and 12/31/06

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Club Passim 12/30/06 and 12/31/06

Postby bonuela » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:40 pm

Here is a tease until I can get them all up on Snapfish!

Grampa Paul reads us a bedtime story. :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:06 pm

Folks,

Here's one teaser from me too. This was when I was in "folk lap dance" range.....and Sue Ellen and Bonnie were passing dollar bills to me. But I didn't know what they wanted me to do with them. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:08 pm

Ta Da!! Here they are.

It is free, but you do need to sign up to view them. I have a dummy account if anyone want to take a peek and not sign up.

Sign in under the email bonuela4@aol.com
the password is ellis

I can't wait to see everyone else's. :D
Last edited by bonuela on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mm

Postby mm » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:52 pm

Bonnie
Those photos are really, really great. The ones of Ellis' hands on the piano are fantastic and many other super ones. Thanks for sharing these.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:34 pm

Folks,

Here's a link to some pictures from the NYE shows. Hope you all like them. :)

Ellis Paul at Club Passim - Dec. 30-31, 2006

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:40 pm

Bonnie,

Thanks for the pix! Awesome! :)

KarenZ

mm

Postby mm » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:13 pm

Fantastic shots Karen! I almost feel like I was there!

danaj

Postby danaj » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:23 am

Thanks you guys for the wonderful pics...

I knew I should have snuck over and tried to stow away in Becky's suitcases. :wink:
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:47 am

Oh my! Those were obviously fabulous shows.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful pix! (too bad the :mrgreen: is smiling so broadly, 'cuz I'm green with envy!)
-wendy

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:20 pm

I agree Wendy, fabulous photos, I regret not taking my camera. :cry:

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:05 pm

Here are Richard's photos from the 4 Passim concerts.

Ellis Paul Club Passim 30/31 Dec 2006

Go to 'view' select 'slideshow' and at the bottom click on the middle button which comes up as 'play slideshow'

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:55 pm

Richard and Jela,

Oh wow Richard.....these are great! :-) I even like ME in these shots.....and that's saying something! I want a camera like yours! :)

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:01 pm

Ahhhh so that's why I couldn't hear Blacktop Train. Don was playing a guitar in my ear. :lol:

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Great pictures from both of you ! Thanks very much.
Jeff

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:27 pm

I'm out of pictures. I've moved on to video. :P

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bonuela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:27 pm

Great snaps everybody.

Richard, and all others , thanks for sharing them with us.

Just caught the youtube video of Karma Chameleon...WOW. :shock:

Loved it............thanks bonuela. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

gundicus

re: pics from bonnie & seating..you must've been next to

Postby gundicus » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey Bonnie,
Looks like, if the angle's right on your photos, you were over behind me, perhaps a bit to my right. I was sitting at the 3rd table from the stage, right-hand side with my back to the folks sitting along the wall...but I haven't a clue what you look like so I could have seen ya and not known it! Sorry! :)
Great photos - thanks!
Still trying to get my friend to hook hers up to my pc to download...haven't stopped playing phone tag yet - but SOON! Perhaps today if I can catch her!
Keep the photos coming. I wish I had thought to bring my camera- but i'm always so wary of taking flash photos, i'd imagine after a while the guys get sick of the flash going off in their faces...so I hate to do it...but i'm glad none of you have a problem with it b/c someone has to take the photos...so until I work up my bravery in that dept...LOL...keep em coming! :)
"To see what is takes only human eyesight; to see what could be requires vision" - CB

gundicus

oh my ears...my eyes...i'll never recover...ever, ever, ever

Postby gundicus » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:22 pm

Well, thank you to the person who was kind enough to shoot the culture club cover (if you could call it a cover - that's stretching it...)...not sure how long it's going to take for me to recover from that one!
It's a good thing I love E so much - b/c otherwise he may have fallen permanently from his pedastal after THAT episode! It's almost, not quite, but almost, as cringe-inducing as when he massacred 'Suspicious Minds' last New Year - Elvis being my all-time favorite artist & all, that one turned my stomach! E, if you're reading this - I LOVE ya...but your covers leave something to be desired...go back to Jim Infantino's stuff....Mark Erelli...anything else....but no more gay british crossdressing heroin-addicted pop has-beens, okay bud? :)

Holy mother of god help us if ellis practises up on the piano....may he not attempt Elton John....yeah, the world needs ellis doing 'Rocket Man'....perish the thought! :)
I'm just joshin' with you all, you know that. E's my buddy, love him! He could read the phone book standing on his head and it would be fascinating - because he has that elusive thing called 'charisma'...and he's just a plain great musician/singer/songwriter/lyricist...brilliance ought to be his middle name!

Keep shooting those videos. My loser-older-than-the-hills digital only takes regular photos & i'm too poor to upgrade...so if anyone has any other footage for u-tube- bring it on baby! Short of E releasing another dvd (yeah buddy, it's TIME...been a while now....you've written & recorded LOADS of stuff since somerville!) it's the only way I get to relive those classic moments...and since my short term memory is shot to hell from viral brain damage...the more I see the better because I so often forget quickly how the show went (the setlists I provide are accurate b/c I write all the songs down as he plays them though...no worries there!).
Take care y'all -
Gundy-
"To see what is takes only human eyesight; to see what could be requires vision" - CB

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:26 pm

I rarely, (not never) use flash. And I will never be the first one to use it. The majority of the pictures I took were taken using a nighttime setting on the camera and then a "flash fill" effect on the computer.

I must have been in front of you, because I was leaning on the stage and KarenZ was in front of me.

We will have to meet the next time, ok?

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:30 pm

Gundy, the video is mine too. I put all of the videos from the weekend up on Youtube, so peek around. :D

gundicus

sure thing

Postby gundicus » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:35 pm

Sure thing...whereabouts are you? I'm in MA so I usually attend the local shows - Passim's is about as far out as I go. I'm already getting cranked up for the show in Lexington in April w/ Antje! And the friend I took to the last show is now hooked....so Ellis has another fan (ironically, and I told E this, she didn't like him particularly the first time she listened to him years ago - but then she got thinking a couple years later & boom, I come along & say 'hey, I've got these tickets' - and now she's hooked...so that worked well i'd say! Just goes to show ya, always give someone a second chance!).

I wouldn't use flash either....but i'm not sure how to set a camera to do any other mode of picture taking - which is a shame b/c I've got a beauty of a SLR with a killer lens on it...takes gorgeous photos...maybe someday i'll get around to figuring out the 8,000 settings & buttons on the thing! :)
Best,
Gundy

gundicus

video

Postby gundicus » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:50 pm

Yeah, i'm having a blast with those videos...i'm liking that I can watch E on my computer!!!!!!! :lol:
I should probably introduce myself properly now - especially since everyone here seems to know each other rather well. I, being socially phobic (yes, even online!), don't mingle well - so if I don't introduce myself now I never will in person...my name's Chris...phew...how hard was that? Not very...but for a minute there it was scary...LOL
I may be one of the younger people here...met E when I was 25....known him for a decade...been following his career with interest ever since I met him at Framingham State back in the day when he played college pubs! You'll know me at an Ellis concert by 2 simple facts: 1. there is always an empty seat at my table or next to me (if it's open seating) for some strange reason (i'm getting paranoid about it but trying to formulate a theory that there's a ghost out there who always reserves a seat at each show - b/c it will be sold out & no matter where I sit, who i'm with...there's always at least 1 seat empty at our table & nowhere else in the venue...it's getting kind of weird actually...this is the 7th time it's happened in a row now!) and 2. I've yet to bring the same person to see E twice in a row...always there with a different girl - and this makes me LOOK bad...but since i've had maybe 3 dates in the last 2 years i'm hardly a Casanova with the ladies...I like to say that my ineptitude in love is helping Ellis' career majorly...nearly 50% of lesbians in MA know him now...thanks to moi! :) They all, to my knowledge, still love him...just not me.... :( (just kiddin'). So that's how to spot me, look for the empty seat...short dyke, glasses & a buzzcut...that'd be yours truly! :)

care

workin on gettin my pics up

Postby care » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:09 am

hey all -
SOME of my pics and videos are up...

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/c ... im%202006/

will workin on getting everything uploaded this week :)

care

i was playing around with a new camera so a lot of the pics came out fuzzy and dark - but you'll get the idea.

let me know what you think!

care

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Lovin the technology that exists today.

At first I saw the Boy George and Culture Club cover on the setlist and thought maybe the boys were up there doing a tongue in cheek mock up version of the song Karma Chameleon.

To preface....I absolutely loved this band in their day, and saw them in concert at the height of their fame and fortune. Seriously.

I thought the Ellis and DonCon and Rad cover of this song on the stage of Passim was quite good. I enjoyed viewing Bonnie's video, which let me know they were not playing around with the song, they were playing it.

I love hearing old songs done in new ways by artists I follow. I say well done boys and whenever the mood strikes, keep 'em coming.

I did get a kick out of gundicus' comments tho...and this is in no way connected or in response to her comments on the subject. To each their own and all that.....I really was curious how this one sounded to everybody, and really just wanted to publicly thank Bonuela for sharing it and allowing the rest of us in on a bit of the magic of Ellis Paul at Club Passim on NYE.
paddy

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:07 pm

Ok-

I finally have my pictures available for viewing.
this link should work.

Susan's photo album

I hope this works..all this technology gets me so confused.

I'm working on getting videos on to Youtube...I'll let you know
Susan

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:37 pm

Folks,

I've edited Susan's link above so that it works now. I think the link was simply too long as it was and the discussion board's software was confused. ;)

KarenZ

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am

Great pictures Susan !
Jeff

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:41 am

A few words before coffee...thanks for the photos ya'll.

Susan's photos----need an account or can I bypass that??? Haven't seem em yet.

Care's photos------eye openers for me. I could hardly see the boys on stage or unplugged in audience. Just like you'd think Passim would be lit.

Bonnie's photos------eye openers too. Here I thought they had the lights up at Passim for the shows, now I read you use technology to brighten the photos and now it makes sense to me.

Am I making sense?

Coffee!!!
paddy

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:39 pm

Thanks so much Karen!

Don't blame the board, definately blame me!

Paddy, snapfish does require an account, but all they ask for is your e-mail address and they do not spam.
Susan

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:55 pm

Oh...it's okay Susan...no worries. Back when photos started getting posted out there I signed up...but of course lost my password or username or something like that. So I can't even go out there and start over since my emails are already registered out there to some name I can't recall.

I'm the "lame-O" link in this technology chain, to be sure. :?
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:30 pm

Paddy, as posted somewhere in this thread, there is a dummy account you can use if you want. You can sign in under bonuela4@aol.com the password ellis.

Enjoy!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:43 am

Bonnie.....thank you for reminding me about the account you have allowed others to use to access photos. I was thinking of using it to view Susan's photo album...then I convinced myself that it would only work in the act of viewing your photos......I got it now......thx again. :D
paddy

Return to “Photograph”