Jim Dirden's WoodyFest 2006 pictures

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Jim Dirden's WoodyFest 2006 pictures

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi folks,

Official WoodyFest photographer, Jim Dirden, has just posted pictures from this year's WoodyFest on his web site. Besides the photos of Ellis in the "Performers" category, make sure to check out the "Potpourri" category too. ;)

Jim Dirden's WoodyFest 2006 pictures.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:48 pm

Oooh. THIS is my favorite!

What is it about Okemah that makes Ellis even more photogenic? I'm pretty sure that my favorite Melissa Bugg shots are from there too.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Becky

Postby Becky » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:55 pm

Thanks for posting the link, Karen...I especially like the pic of Ellis in his sunglasses. I don't know what it is about Okemah, either. I just know that whenever I pull off the exit into Okemah onto Woody Guthrie Boulevard, well, I just feel like I'm home.
I think my favorite pix of Ellis are from there, too....

Becky

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:06 pm

Bonnie,

Your link isn't working for me...and now I'm dying of curiosity. ;)

KarenZ

bonuela wrote:Oooh. THIS is my favorite!
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:25 pm

Thanks for the link Karen, but Bonnie, I too am dying of curiosity...is it bare feet or an armadillo?

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:32 pm

It's a barefoot armadillo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Try this link. If it doesn't work, we'll try something else.

http://www.jimdirden.com/woodyfest2006/ ... 3_1850.htm
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:21 pm

Bonnie, it worked. I must say...you have such good taste. ;)

There's something about Okemah that brings out the best in people. On many levels. :)

KarenZ

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:35 pm

That is a great photo. Definitely a happy face.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:33 am

All the photos are great and sure makes me wish that we had been there -I think I feel a WoodyFest trip coming in 2007.

I have to agree with the comments about the photo of Ellis that has been picked out - it's lovely, very natural.

Jela

Return to “Photograph”