Kerrville Folk Festival - June 3, 2011

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Kerrville Folk Festival - June 3, 2011

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 am

Folks,

Here's a link to a few pix (and a video of the encore song with Vance Gilbert) from EP's set at the Kerrville Folk Fest last Friday. He was joined on stage by Rad Lorkovic, David Glaser, and Karen Mal. Vance joined him for the encore "Dear Prudence/Beatles Medley".

Ellis Paul at Kerrville - June 3, 2011

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Re: Kerrville Folk Festival - June 3, 2011

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:53 am

Thanks for posting Karen - enjoyed looking and listening!

Vance is always such fun, dangerous fun, just saying his name brings a smile to my face. Have very fond memories of the first time I saw him - he hosted the Newport Folk Festival and when introducing Bob Dylan said '...and for you youngsters in the audience, that's Jakob's dad!'

Also when a group of us saw him 'in the round' with EP, Lucy Kaplansky, Carole Noonan and Catie Curtis at Stone Mountain in 2008 - Catie took the brunt of his humour, she looked very wary at times but handled his comments beautifully.

Jela

Patti

Re: Kerrville Folk Festival - June 3, 2011

Postby Patti » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:46 am

NIce.. like that the last picture is the beatles medley... I'm sure it has been YEARS since they have done that together !!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Photograph”