Ellis Paul at Weston Middle School - May 17, 2010

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis Paul at Weston Middle School - May 17, 2010

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 19, 2010 9:29 am

Folks,

Here's a few pictures from a songwriting workshop Ellis did with Ms. Hare's English class at Weston (CT.) Middle School this past Monday, May 17, 2010.

Ellis Paul at Weston Middle School

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Ellis Paul at Weston Middle School - May 17, 2010

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Just added one more picture - teacher Angela Hare with Ellis - to the album.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed May 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Cute, cute cute!

I was chatting with a friend at work yesterday, she has 12 year old son who finds music lessons 'boring' and I told her about how some musicians I know about, in the US, go into schools and teach songwriting (I was thinking of Adam Ezra) and this is just another great example of how to engage youngsters in the subject.

Perhaps, if or should I say when, EP comes to the UK again, he can do a similar class here?

Jela

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Very nice pictures... middle school hmm. I have a daughter in middle school.. hmmm
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

monicar

Postby monicar » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:39 am

What a bunch of lucky kids! And here I thought discussing The Who's, Tommy, in 8th grade music was cool! :lol:

Return to “Photograph”