L.L. Bean - Freeport, ME - Aug. 22, 2009

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

L.L. Bean - Freeport, ME - Aug. 22, 2009

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:14 am

Folks,

Just got back from an 11-day vacation that included several days on the coast of Maine, the 3-day Richard Shindell extravaganza in Arlington, VT, and ending with an Ellis Paul concert at L.L. Bean's Discovery Park next to the flagship store in Freeport, Maine on Saturday, Aug. 22. Other performers were Carol Noonan and Slaid Cleaves for an all-Maine line-up. Here's a little video teaser of Ellis and Slaid until I have time to post a full report. :)

Ellis & Slaid

Now adding the link to the photos:

Ellis at L.L. Bean

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: L.L. Bean - Freeport, ME - Aug. 22, 2009

Postby Patti » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:21 pm

I really thought about going to this Karen.. If I knew you were there ( and NOT hurricane Bill) I would have def. made the trip... :(

Can't wait to read all about this and Richard :D
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Re: L.L. Bean - Freeport, ME - Aug. 22, 2009

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:00 pm

Karen, thanks for sharing the video and and photos. Looks like the hat is staying for awhile. I love it! 8)

Also, ran into Gene James and Pete Jameson on Saturday who were both at your Ellis Paul House Concert and when Pete told me he was looking forward to getting Ellis' new release was it ever his lucky day! I had an extra copy with me to gift him.

Pete was really hoping to get to hear Rose Tattoo and when he saw the track listing his excitement grew even more. He also mentioned your friendship on the Richard Shindell db and how he was so hoping to join in with you and others on the fun!

He mentioned the rules...no repeat songs! 8)

Can hardly wait to hear all about it!!! :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Photograph”