Ogunquit, ME. - Jonathan's Restaurant - Aug. 5, 2006

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

Lauren

Ogunquit, ME. - Jonathan's Restaurant - Aug. 5, 2006

Postby Lauren » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:26 pm

Ok, so I don't know if this link is going to work, but here's trying: my shoddy camera phone photos

~Lauren
Last edited by Lauren on Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:27 am

It took me all day to upload these. Darn dial up. :x

Enjoy! :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:02 am

Lauren - I can't see how to get to your photos, am registered with KodakEasyShare but can't find a way of seeing your album - I am doing something wrong. Will try again later.

Bonnie - Have got to your pix - they are fab and thanks for posting them. You guys sure had a good time on Saturday judging from the photos and the posts about the concert..........sigh

Jela

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:20 am

WhooHoo! Great photos, Bonnie (sorry Lauren, I couldn't view your either)
Sorry I missed the gathering. Looks like you all had a WONDERFUL time! :D
-wendy

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:45 am

Ok, I edited the link, both above and here

Hope this works!
~Lauren

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:13 am

Thanks Lauren, that link worked fine (my brain is so fried I'm not sure it was your fault I couldn't see the other link...)

See you tonight, with bells, er PINS, on!
-wendy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:14 am

Lauren - yes it works now, so thanks for providing the pix. Looks like Ellis & Flynn had a good time on stage together.

Jela

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:12 pm

No, it wasn't you guys, it was me - I switched the link from Kodak to snapfish, and (obviously) snapfish is better.

Sorry for the mix-up! :oops:

~Lauren

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:31 pm

Hey Lauren and Bonnie - those were great clicks - I mean snaps from Jonathan's. Great job to you both for gettin 'em up here so quick.

A couple of notes:

The camera used to just add 5 lbs to my physique. It's looking more like 55 lbs in those pix. Who knows how to airbrush? :wink:

Really liked all the photos....standouts everywhere....the sign Karen made for the table( you bad girl for propping it front and center for Ellis and Flynn to see). The Kiss Pucker Pose......The Man and Me - a real keeper for Lauren - and Ellis - since the authorities will want an idea what the one stalker among the group looks like. 8)

The group photo turned out great. We all look great in that one.

The fuzzy phone photos by Lauren have a real artsy feel to them.

I was just about to start snapping photos with flash when we were asked to please stop....... So these are xtra special. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:36 am

Great photos guys. Thanks for taking the pressure off. ;) I may never get caught up today. Didn't get home to my house until around 10:30pm last night. Exhausted, but what a great weekend. :)

I might be able to post a few pics tonight...we'll see how it goes....

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:41 pm

OK....here's a few more pictures from Jonathan's. I tried not to post duplicate shots already posted. Be on the lookout for Scary Lady on Wall. ;)

Ellis Paul & Flynn at Jonathan's Restaurant

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 pm

Super photos - thanks for sharing (again!)

We folks on this side of the ocean have to get our fixes of Ellis mostly via you sharing your stories and pix so thanks a million for continiuing to keep us in the loop.

Karen , hope that you had a great trip, knowing you, you are no doubt planning the next one????

Jela

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:43 pm

Great pics Karen. I love that you have one of my "concert face." Every picture of me taken at a show looks like that. Like a kid at a carnival. :D

Looks like the rest of your vacation was very nice too. Here is one of MY beach pictures from that weekend. Hee Hee!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:20 pm

Bonnie, who are those cute little girls on the beach?

Jela, no trips on the immediate horizon. :cry:

KarenZ

shannon

Great Pics

Postby shannon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:45 am

Great Great Pics Bonnie......very jealous that I missed that show...I was on the ol' annual family camping trip looks like they were having a blast together. Keep taking great pictures it's a quick fix for those of us poor souls who missed the show......maybe I am the only one :( it seriously kills me!!!!!!! Thanks again!

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:06 am

You all obviously had WAY too much fun.

KEEP IT UP! :D and thanks for sharing all the great photos and stories!
-wendy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:12 am

There is no such thing as too much fun!!!!

Karen, we stay at a timeshare, so we see the same people year after year. Those are 2 of 3 sisters from FL.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:27 am

Still trying to figure out how to post pictures.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:30 am

If you use the "Share" option in Snapfish and send them to me I can hook ya up!!!

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:49 am

With Bonnie's help, I may have figured this out.

Try this LINK for a few more photos from Johnathan's.

Did the portrait of the girl freak anyone else out? She kind of gave me the creeps.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:35 am

Nice pix Sue Ellen! I especially liked "EP & Flynn7". :)

Didn't you notice my photo album captions referred to Ellis, Flynn and Scary Lady? :)

KarenZ

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:46 am

EP and Flynn7 is my fave too!!

I have been ignoring scary lady because I was afraid there was some big story or it was a famous portrait or something. Guess not. Man that is a sour looking woman. It is sooo creepy how she looks like she's playing along in some of the pictures. :shock:

The painting itself? Why is it so big? And why is it onstage like an extra bandmember?

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:49 am

Thanks Sue Ellen for posting these pix.

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:11 am

Sue Ellen....great snaps and I agree with all who said they like EP and Flynn #7...it's a great shot of those two, a real Laurel and Hardy kind of moment.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:14 am

I have personally subtitled that photo,

"Yo yo yo. Flynn raps!"

:P

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:42 am

Actually, if you look closely at her face, Scary Lady looks like a young girl....but there is something very sinister-looking about her...maybe it is the fact that the portrait is so darn dark...and so darn big...looming from behind....like she's ready to attack...

KarenZ

bonuela wrote:
I have been ignoring scary lady because I was afraid there was some big story or it was a famous portrait or something. Guess not. Man that is a sour looking woman. It is sooo creepy how she looks like she's playing along in some of the pictures. :shock:

The painting itself? Why is it so big? And why is it onstage like an extra bandmember?

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:31 am

Well, they did talk about needing a girl in their band...maybe she haunts Jonathan's. I meant to ask about her. It just seems weird to have such a large dark portrait as the center piece on the stage. She really freaked me out. She's especially creepy in #6; like a very stern maestra and unforgiving.

Glad #7 was a hit; it's nice to see Flynn can get jiggy w'dit.

Sue Ellen

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:29 pm

dude...
:shock:
I titled #6 "Trio" before I even read your post, Sue Ellen...

Sue Ellen wrote:She's especially creepy in #6; like a very stern maestra and unforgiving.

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:34 pm

Hello All! First time posting here. Just wanted to add that ALL the photos are fab and I, too, love EP & Flynn7! Looks like a great time was had by all....except for creepy violin girl, of course!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Welcome Mtn!! :D

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:52 pm

Thank you, Bonnie! It's SO good to be here. Seems like such a great group of folks. Looking forward to meeting y'all along the way!
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:20 pm

YES! Welcome Mtn Gal! :)

KarenZ

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Thank you, Karen! :D
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

Return to “Photograph”