Private party - Summit, NJ - March 8, 2009

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Private party - Summit, NJ - March 8, 2009

Postby KarenZ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Folks,

One of the folks who attended the EP Weekend in Vermont last August, Annette, had a birthday this past Sunday. Her husband surprised her with an Ellis Paul concert. What a gift! :shock:

Anyway, Annette shared this link that includes a few pictures from her special celebration:

Ellis Paul - March 8, 2009

Thanks for sharing Annette! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

OperaDivaBabe

Re: Private party - Summit, NJ - March 8, 2009

Postby OperaDivaBabe » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm

So be jealous - it was SUCH a treat to see Ellis in the same kind of private venue that made Vermont so amazing!!! I got spoiled in Vermont, though - didn't he play for, like, 4 hours each night??? :D

You know what was really special about this performance (in addition to the over-the-top coolness of having a BIRTHDAY concert in your own home)? Though there were some of us that know Ellis' talent and have seen him in concert before, but the vast majority of the folks at Annette's house didn't know him. Never heard of him. Had no clue.

It was so special to see those people get converted. Mouths hanging open slightly as he painted new pictures for them. Eyes closing, heads bobbing to the music. I spent half the time watching and listening to Ellis and half the time observing a roomful of new fans being born. It was really awesome (in the pure sense of the word!).

So inspiring, in fact, that I just booked tickets for some uninitiated friends to see Ellis' Mansion concert in April!

Thanks, Annette, for such an amazing experience!!!
Margaret

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Margaret,

Thanks so much for chiming in! So nice to hear from you! Have fun at The Mansion and please report back if you can. (I haven't been to a show since New Year's Eve so I'm in major withdrawal.) :(

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Annette,

Thanks so much for sharing those photos from your special birthday present festivities.....

What a nice idea for a present.....I'd say he's a keeper!!! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:10 pm

WOW!!! If anyone would like to hook up a show for me, feel free... :mrgreen: I will give you my addy and make sure we have an awesome bbq...

(of course I know it won't happen, but it's nice to dream!)Image

Return to “Photograph”