The Barns at Wolftrap - April 26, 2008

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

The Barns at Wolftrap - April 26, 2008

Postby KarenZ » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:15 pm

Folks,

I hope you won't be too disappointed, but photos weren't permitted during the show last night. :( I did manage to sneak one in during the show and snapped three post-show. Hope you enjoy the small album anyway. Will try to post a report with setlist tomorrow. :)

Ellis Paul and Robbie Schaefer at The Barns at Wolftrap - April 26, 2008

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Thanks Karen! for the pictures. Looking forward to your report when you have time. :D
Dean

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 pm

Karen.....thanks for "sneakin" at least one photo of Ellis in action..... :D

Lookin fwd to the reports.....
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:56 am

Life would be boring if we didn't break the rules every now and again - thanks for being sneaky and getting the pix for us all to see.

Like the others I look forward to your report in due course. Looks like a wonderful venue in which to listen to music.

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:21 am

"2 bends in the rules.....between your pics, my eyes" :lol:

Yeah.....sneakin does add to the fun sometimes......... :D

"signs signs everywhere are signs..do this don't do that can't ya read the sign" (who sang that song? :oops: )

Way to go kz......shhhhhhh 8) mum's the word.....shhhhh. :wink:

Echoing Jela, what a gorgeous looking place to see a concert.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:34 am

The acoustics were probably the best EVER. Many thanks to Bob the sound guy who was behind the biggest most-complicated looking sound board I have ever seen. :shock: Those Wolftrap folks know how to do things up right. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:58 pm

What a great looking venue! Great pix too! Thanks for bending the rules a bit, Karen. :wink:
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Looks beautiful, kind of like Stone Mountain in Maine!! Except that place is new, I'm thinking the Wolftrap has been around at least a little bit longer. I see there have been tornados in VA tonight. Doesn't look like it was anywhere near Ellis's neck of the woods, it was closer to Norfolk and Richmond.
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Photograph”