Four Sheep Concerts - West Seattle - April 27, 2007

Post pictures here.

Moderator: Moderator

poulsbo

Four Sheep Concerts - West Seattle - April 27, 2007

Postby poulsbo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:07 pm

I'm quite late getting these photos ready for posting, but they're finally done.
These are from Ellis' show in West Seattle back in April.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_price ... 408932696/

Ellis always does a great show!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:14 pm

Hey, better late than never! Thanks so much and welcome! The photos are really terrific! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Poulsbo, now there's a town I am a familiar with, being that we lived outside Seattle ourselves for a number of years. When I saw the forum's newest member's chosen member name, I said, hey, I bet that person is from the Great Northwest. :D

Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing those photos from the Four Sheep series, looks like Ellis was really animated that night. Love the lighting and the painted table and wine and candle onstage. Nice touch.

Looks like there were fans of all ages there....gotta love it! :)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

poulsbo

Postby poulsbo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:17 pm

Paddy & KarenZ,

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I'm in the Great Northwest. I live on Bainbridge Island, but I have some land between here and Poulsbo that I hope to live on some day.

Ellis' concert was wonderful (as usual). I've probably been to 6 or 7 of his shows over the years. Unfortunately, the FourSheep concert series folks have moved to North Carolina, but a new group called "This Time Concerts" (http://thistimeconcerts.org/) has stepped in to carry on having LIVE music at the Youngstown Cultural Arts Center in West Seattle. The venue is very good for folk shows.

Glad you liked the photos.
If you also know Cosy Sheridan, I have photos from a house concert she did recently in Seattle. They are posted on the same Flickr website as the E.P. photos.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:28 am

Bainbridge Island...where do I sign? :wink:

Seattle to Bainbridge Island -- one of the best values in mass transit. :wink:

Passed thru Poulsbo on a Sunday drive -- crossed the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and just kept going.

Just a magical place, the Seattle area, especially when Mount Rainier peeks thru the clouds.

I'm familiar with Cosy Sheridan and T.R Ritchie from Camp Coho (Seattle contingency) at the Kerrville Folk Festival, years ago. Nice to know none of us have aged a day. :D

"Pebble Creek" has me wondering what limits EP might set for where he will play...that might be one of them. (Although the brownies looked yummy enough to at least pique Ellis' interest in joining the group for a "base camp" concert. I think he was in training recently in Oklahoma.... :D Scarf and all. :wink:
paddy

poulsbo

Postby poulsbo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Yes, Bainbridge Island has been a great place to live the past 18 years. Close to the city of Seattle, but a half hour ferry ride allows you to escape the traffic and noise of the city to get to a very beautiful and quiet island.

Hopefully, I will get to Kerrville one of these days. We're "timeless" so aging is not an option!!

If EP wanted to do a show on Mt. Rainier, it certainly could be a challenge. I heard a report during a recent storm of 110mph winds at Camp Muir (about half way up the mountain! He'll definitely need the scarf (and much more!)
The "Pebble Creek" photos were from a training climb on Mt. Rainier that took us up to Pebble Creek (which is about 1/4 the way up the mountain). We could barely see anything! After a few more training climbs, we made it to the top of Mt. Rainier a couple of months later. If you'd be interested in the Summit Climb photos, try this link:
http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePho ... &ownerid=0

It will ask you to create an account on the KodakEasyShare site, but you can make up an email address if you don't want to use your real address. It only asks for a username and password to create the account. It doesn't verify it before allowing you to view the photos.

-Mike

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:50 pm

There was a dramatic story line on Grey's Anatomy last year where one of the ferries loaded with cars and people crashed into the dock in Seattle.

Nice to see the city again but the drama was scary to think about.

How about Paradise on Mt. Rainier? It's warm and toasty in th visitor center and would accomodate those who sing best when warm. :wink:

I saw Mark Erelli once at the Boathouse on Lake Union. 8) Say, did you happen to see Ellis a while back when he played back to back Seattle shows -- one on dry land and one aboard a sailboat? :shock:

EP -- giving Jimmy Buffet a run for his money!!! :lol:
paddy

poulsbo

Postby poulsbo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:36 am

Yes, that episode of Grey's was quite dramatic. They filmed a good portion of it on the actual ferry dock that I come through every day. Hard to imagine a "real" situation like that one, although there was an incident on the Seattle-Bremerton ferry run a few years ago where two ferries collided in the fog in the channel next to Bainbridge Island. Thankfully, no major damage done, but one captain was fired!

The hard part about Ellis doing a show at Paradise is that it would be a long drive for folks to get there from Seattle. There is a space upstairs that would probably be a nice setting acoustically.

Unfortunately, I missed the on-board show the Ellis did on Lake Union. I think I was out of town at that time. I actually work in a building on the canal between Lake Union and Puget Sound. I can see Lake Union out the building's windows (unfortunately my office isn't a window seat javascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad
I suspect that Jimmy Buffett makes a better pirate than EP even though JB is actually from Montana.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:20 am

Yup, I agree, Mount Rainier is a bit of a trek from Seattle. That room upstairs at the Paradise visitor center would be great though. :D Always amazed me how Mount Rainer appeared to be 20 minutes away yet took us a good 90 minutes to reach Paradise, everytime. :shock:
paddy

Return to “Photograph”