Ellis' blogs

Questions for Ellis.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Ellis' blogs

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:18 pm

Hey all, something just occurred to me. All Ellis' blogs offer the opportunity to add our own comments on what Ellis has just blogged about. I always enjoy reading both Ellis' stories AND the comments posted thereafter.

Since Ellis said he is looking forward to blogging more and packing less, this question has popped into my head and I'll pose it to the powers that be here on the forum.

Since ALL Ellis' Blogs are listed on the front page, and will continue to be accessible to all who may visit this site for the first time, is it possible for folks to add comments to "older blogs" and a way to let the rest of us know that new comments have been added.

I realise that currently there is no "flag" to let us know when a new comment was made, on either a new blog or one that's maybe long forgotten by the rest of us. I know I would enjoy such a feature.

Is it bad form to comment on one of Ellis' old blogs if you just happened to be tuning in to Ellis' music for the first time and find yourself out here for the first time.....I wouldn't think so, but that's just me.

Anyway, maybe it's worth a look, maybe not. Just wanted to throw it out there in case it could be easily done and the powers that be agreed that it might serve a useful purpose.

Thanks in Advance for considering it.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:35 pm

Paddy, I don't have an answer. I moved your post here to the Clarity forum so that the "powers that be" have a better chance of seeing it. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:43 pm

Thanks Karen, as always, good call!

I'd a never thought of posing this one to Ellis out here in Clarity, but ultimately, he be - the power that be - that counts the most. :wink:

Tia all for considering this thought.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Clarity”