Miles driven

Questions for Ellis.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Miles driven

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:47 pm

Okay, couldn't help but notice that EllisPaul is our newest registered member listed out on the front page of the Discussion Board. On that note I would like to say: WELCOME EllisPaul !!!

All kidding aside, I know Ellis was having some issues logging in to the forum under his original member status and it was for that reason that he shows up today as our newest member.

Also a reminder that as long as Ellis can more easily access the Board now, it would be great to have a few questions for him to ponder, should he feel up to answering them, all the better for inquiring minds like ours.

My first question for Ellis stems from the DVD 3000 miles and the roadtrip he set out on with a friend along to document his life and times as an aspiring folksinger. I don't want to give away any plot twists, but , when you traded in that particular Honda Civic, do you recall How Many Miles were on the Odometer, give or take???

Have you any idea the number of miles you've travelled by car, and we'll keep it simple - excluding rental car miles when you've flown somewhere and then driven to gigs. So it's in your own car(s), the number of miles driven, and do you personally know any others in the biz who have come close to those kind of miles on the road to play music for a living.

I'll leave it to my editors to pare that down to a real question or two once the list is formulated.....but that's the idea of this thread. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

EllisPaul
Site Admin

Postby EllisPaul » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:54 pm

paddie--

I kinda liked the idea of being a lurker here, and peeking in while you guys have it on the discussion board.

I also hope to concentrate on blogging, once I have settled into our new home in Charlottesville. Soon I'll be blogging more and packing less...

anyhoo... I can't remember the odometer reading on the honda... probably 170000ish...

I put around 50,000 miles on my cars every year... and there are tons of rentals and flights on top of that...

the gas situation is hurting the music industry alot, it's tripled my travel costs in five years...

I need wings...

g' night y'all...
sleepydreamilies...
Ellis

care

questions for ellis

Postby care » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:16 am

On Nov. 5, 2006 this question for Ellis was moved into it's own thread ("Question regarding setlists) in keeping with the revised Clarity Forum posting guidelines. KarenZ

when you decide on your setlists... do you play what you want to play or do you play what you know will get a rise out of the audience?
also do you have a favourite song of the songs you've written?

peace.
care

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:56 pm

hehehehe...

I know the answer to the last one... Well, at least his favorite one to sing, that is. :mrgreen:

gundicus

favorite? What favorite? :)

Postby gundicus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:40 am

"She fell to the matress...." - I think it's a safe bet that this is his 'baby' as far as his own work goes currently - the new arrangement is superb & finely polished. I don't think i'd be too far off the mark if I said it's surely in his top five of all time - currently first choice to play at any & all gigs.
"To see what is takes only human eyesight; to see what could be requires vision" - CB

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:26 am

This is def. a fan favorite but I also think he has said he chooses this song for the range it covers as a warm up for his voice.

gundicus

agreed

Postby gundicus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:25 pm

Yup - in addition the guitar part is loads of fun to play & he has a blast - I think he'd play it twice per show if he thought he could get away with it - I haven't mastered it yet personally - but the new recording sounds especially soulful & sweet - one of his better guitar compositions to date.
"To see what is takes only human eyesight; to see what could be requires vision" - CB

Return to “Clarity”