Ogunquit or bust!

Questions for Ellis.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ogunquit or bust!

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:52 pm

Hey Ellis,

Just wanted to let you know a that a group of discussion board folks (ten so far) are planning the first quasi-official discussion board gathering at Jonathan's Restaurant in Ogunquit. (It won't be fully-official until Wendy can be in attendance.) We're gathering for dinner at 5pm so feel free to join us if you like. You'll recognize us by the classy b&w pins we'll be wearing with the letters "ep" on them. :wink: (That's also how we're going to recognize each other!) If you play your cards right, we might let you have one. I think Lauren is planning some kind of post-show bonfire on the beach. ;)

OK...I'm supposed to be posing a question here....I was going to ask if you could bring Flynn with you as a big surprise for Bonnie, but it turns out Bonnie had inside information and it's a done deal. :)

Well....let's see.....what can I ask you.....Oh! I know! Can you bring Cannondrop and let him do a number? I understand his live shows need some polishing....so it might be good for him to see how two pros do it. :wink:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:20 am

Oooh, thanks Karen...
And if Cannondrop drops in (pun?), someone HAS to be taping (video, if possible). I would dearly love to see that song done live 8)

You folks are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!
-wendy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 am

Karen, I read this yesterday and again just now and laughed out loud when I saw the topic title ( didn't notice it y'day).

Ogunquit or bust :!: .......just too funny. :D

Two thoughts come to mind:

Will SueEllen pull up to Jonathan's with these words painted on her car windows?

What would the British think if Jela and or Richard were driving around that weekend with those words painted upon their motorcars? :lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:00 am

Shall we give it a try???

Don't think that we're going to be straying too far from home that weekend as we are having a garden party to celebrate my birthday, so will be toasting you folks as you prepare for the concert.

Some friends and family are staying over - perhaps instead of a birthday banner we can have one that says 'Ogunquit or bust' instead???? It'd be a talking point wouldn't it?

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:57 am

Oh Jela....thanks for being such a good sport! And happy birthday! :) How totally Brit to be having a garden party for one's birthday.....when we're over here talking about having clam bakes and BBQs. :oops:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:24 am

Well that's great news Jela, Happy Birthday indeed! We'll be sure to include you in our toasts as we "drink another round, drink another round, drink another round, for you!!! by DonCon and the EP Discussion Board :!:

I can hear it now: "Say Jela, do please tell us the meaning of this banner".

"Oh, you know, those crazy Yanks again" :!: :lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:55 am

Yes indeed, Happy Birthday to you, Jela!
I'll have to go home to look up the meaning of the name Ogunquit so you can explain in more detail why you have those strange words on your car..... :lol:
-wendy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:29 am

Now you know! :lol:

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:28 pm

Ah, but the Brian McCauley's well-researched book The Names of Maine says that Ogunquit is Abenaki for "place of waves" and Micmac for "lagoons within sand dunes"
(those are native american tribes, for those of you not familiar with them)

I suspect the O. Chamber of Commerce used some artistic license to come up with their phrase. :wink:
-wendy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:25 pm

If that's true, I wonder why? I mean, "Place of waves" would look good on a t-shirt or any other number of souvenirs.

It's a mystery. :)

KarenZ

wendy wrote:
I suspect the O. Chamber of Commerce used some artistic license to come up with their phrase. :wink:

Return to “Clarity”