Club Passim

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Club Passim

Postby bonuela » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:57 pm

I just love this place. :D I was there again last night. It is my favorite place to see music. The setting is comfortable. (Wish I could say the same about the seating. :P) The food is delicious. The sound is perfect. And the crowds are always attentive. What more is needed in a club?

If you've never been and get the chance, I would recommend it.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

bonuela

Re: Club Passim

Postby bonuela » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm

I got the email below, and hope a few of my fellow Passim fans would like to vote as well. Basically, Virgin America is going to donate money to a non-profit cause, and we can vote for Passim on their website.

Vote Here

"Check this out from the Virgin America website:

Virgin America is asking Bostonians how they are re-thinking the rules, creating change and supporting causes that matter. Through our partnership with Virgin Unite we support organizations focused on youth education and the environment, including KIPP Academy Lynn - Boston, Stand Up for Kids and Green for All. To mark our Boston launch, Virgin America is gifting $25,000 to Virgin Unite to support these organizations and $25,000 to a Boston cause of your choosing based on your votes. Submit a non-profit cause that matters to you and be automatically entered for a chance to take your revolution global and fly across the world. "
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:29 am

As some of you know I write occasional reviews for a UK music magazine 'Maverick' and they have an occasional feature called 'People and Places'. I've written a few features for that series and in the September issue they published my article about Club Passim which you might be interested to see, especially as it includes one of Richard's photos of our very own EP.

I have to apologise at the outset tho' as the state in the title has been specified (incorrectly) as Maine. When I sent the copy in I used the abbreviation MA for Massachusetts however the copy editor mistook it for Maine, which I know is ME. So I'm sorry about that but I was pleased with the rest of it.

The photos apart from EP's were supplied to me by Matt Smith and if you are good you might spot some board members in the crowd shot.

Jela
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 am

Folks,

Passim is streaming live video of selective shows. See calendar of shows to be streamed live at the link below. (Tonight Liz Longley and Seth Glier.)

http://www.concertwindow.com (then click "Upcoming")

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks Karen. It's a great resource and I hope that they will archive the shows at some stage. Would love to 'watch again'.

I see that Antje's shows are going to be streamed on 26th January.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:06 pm

There's an article in today's Boston Herald (thanks to MonicaR for the heads-up!) about Passim's Concert Window web streaming:

The best seat in the house: Concert Window brings live music from Club Passim to your desktop by Jed Gottlieb.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks to KevinR for taking an interest in something I love and pointing it out! As I said to Karen, it's proof he's a closet fan of Ellis', but please don't ever tell him I said that. He will definitely deny it! :lol:

Return to “Say Something”