Rhythm of My Soul: Kentucky Roots Music (on PBS)

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Rhythm of My Soul: Kentucky Roots Music (on PBS)

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:54 am

Folks,

This heads-up was received in an e-mail from Rob McNurlin, Kentucky singer-songwriter who's a favorite at Woody Fest. Rob was my big find there a few years ago.

"Rhythm of My Soul: Kentucky Roots Music," airs nationally on PBS at
10 p.m., Sunday, June 10, 2007.

Documentary filmaker Roger Sherman premiered the film in the region last year as a guest of the Appalachian Film Festival. Many of the regional music stars in the film were in the audience.

The film, which takes a spirited look at contemporary bluegrass, country, old-time and gospel music being made in Eastern Kentucky, features many of the great music artists and luthiers in the region.

Such as Mari-Lynne Evans' broader piece, "The Appalachians," "Rhythm of My Soul," is a beautiful life-stained portrait of the region and how the music, the land and the people are wrapped up and tangled up.

The title is taken from a great Rob McNurlin song, "Cowboy Boot Heel."

More news someday soon about the film and thoughts from Sherman and some of the folks such as McNurlin and Don Rigsby who are featured prominently in the film.

Check your local PBS listings! :) (My local PBS station does not currently have it listed.) :(

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Say Something”