Folk Alley

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Folk Alley

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:14 pm

Folks,

Have to start a thread again about Folk Alley, an Internet folk radio station. I'm sitting here listening to a wonderful archived interview with Jeff Black that includes 7 songs that Jeff recorded exclusively for Folk Alley. So much good stuff on the Folk Alley web site, including several Live from Folk Alley shows, and of course you can simply listen to the Folk Alley stream. You have to register to listen, but it's a painless process.

I love Jeff Black's music. :)

Folk Alley web site

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:47 pm

I'm a big ol' fan of Jeff Black's music too going back to Birmingham Road and then the B -sides record with Gold Heart Locket being my fave.

As luck would have it, over Thanksgiving in Atlanta, Ga. we were able to see Jeff Black play a show in Roswell, Ga. at a place called Swallow in the Hollow. It was a bar-b-que joint with live music as an added bonus.

My first and only time to see Jeff live and he was just as good in person as he is on those records. If not better. What a talented and genuinely nice guy.

Thanks for bringing Folk Alley back to our attention. I remember the mention over on the old forum, but I had forgotten. Until Today.

''I'd like to thank................. are words you need to practice Karen. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PeteM

Postby PeteM » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:51 pm

Paddy, we think too much alike. First time I heard Jeff Black's B-Sides, I fell hard for Gold Heart Locket. A totally amazing song....almost perfect! OK...I exaggerate :roll:
Peter

Return to “Say Something”