Happy 4th

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

renee

Happy 4th

Postby renee » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:32 am

Hello peeps-
I was sorry I missed the July1st show at Passim. But coming home on the 1st day of my new job last week, I got hit by a car. I thank God that I was able to walk away with a few bruises and a couple of tears as they towed my little car to its new home (the bodyshop). I've never been in a accident, I drive like a grandmother, but I think certain situations just make you really value your time on earth and recharge you. I'm sad I'll not be in Okemah this year either, but that will make going next year that much sweeter. Sometimes taking a break from things increases our appreciation of them.
:wink:
I wish all of you a very happy 4th and copied a bit of our country's beginnings, just to remind us how we all got here.
from the Declaration of Independence
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:46 am

Renee, nothing quite like those words are there? Being a fairly new resident of the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia, a place from which these words sprang forth, I am often in awe of our forefathers and the task at hand in laying out the vision that would be America.

Thanks for the reminder today and a really nice 1st post out here on the new forum. I wish you and your car well. Happy you're not too much the worse for wear from it all. Sounds like it was the kind of wake up call we all seem to experience at least once in our lives.

Happy 4th, indeed!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”