100 Biggest Weather Moments/The Musicians' Village

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

100 Biggest Weather Moments/The Musicians' Village

Postby KarenZ » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:30 pm

Folks,

My closest friends know that when I'm not watching "Gunsmoke" on TVLand, I'm watching The Weather Channel. That's the extent of my TV viewing. :) Therefore it is with great excitement that I announce The Weather Channel's 100 Biggest Weather Moments which airs starting this Sunday, April 15 at 8pm EST on The Weather Channel. The series will be hosted by Harry Connick, Jr. *swoon* :)

100 Biggest Weather Moments

The show link also links to The Musicians' Village. The Musicians' Village, conceived by Connick and Branford Marsalis, will consist of 70 single-family, Habitat-constructed homes for displaced New Orleans musicians and other qualifying Habitat partner families. Its centerpiece will be the Ellis Marsalis Center for Music, dedicated to the education and development of homeowners and others who will live nearby. I suspect the show will provide more information, video and ways to help.

The Musicians' Village

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:52 pm

Hmmm....weather stories or the Food Network Awards...(Lindsay's favorite channel) looks like we'll be flicking the remote back and forth.

Unless there is a Red Sox game on, that takes precedent over everything!!

Coincidentally, Harry Conick Jr. was at Fenway Park for Opening Day to sing on Monday. My brother in law was there on the field representing the Air Force helping to hold a huge American Flag. Well, there was some confusion because Harry sang God Bless America and not the National Anthem.. The military is not suppose to salute during God Bless Americia, but some did, some did not. The National Anthem never got sung that day!!! oops

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am

I'm surprised they didn't sing the Japenese Nat'l Anthem that day with all the excitement surrounding the highly anticipated matchup between the new Red Sox pitcher (DICE-K) and Seattla Mariner Ichiro Suzuki. :shock:

My mom's favorite tv channel is ALSO the Weather Channel. Why not!!!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”