Ellis song covered at high school talent show

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Becky

Ellis song covered at high school talent show

Postby Becky » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:09 am

I just wanted to let you know that my daughter came home from the battle of the bands (talent show) at her high school and one of the students there sang "The Ballad of Chris McCandless". She was accompanied by someone on an acoustic guitar. My daughter said when it started, she thought it sounded familiar and then realized very quickly that it was this song. She was pretty excited to hear one of his songs covered at her high school and said the song sounded great. It is so fun to hear one of his songs when it is most unexpected! :D (like the time when I had his CD playing in my car and my daughter ejected it to put in one of her own, but before she could put in her CD, Ellis was singing TWASD on the radio...it was the commercial for the Oklahoma Blood Institute and at that time we didn't know about it. We both just looked at each other and were both so surprised...it was such fun.)
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Becky

JennyLevE

Awesome!

Postby JennyLevE » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:22 am

That is so great. :D

For my school's talent show me and a few of my friends were going to cover an EP song, I think that we wanted to do Deliver Me. But at the last min. we decided to go with an original written by one of the "band" members instead.

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only high school student to be memorized by EP. lol.
--Jen
“Tell me which part
Is it the CASTLE, or the SAND
That you miss when the TIDE comes along?”
-- Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:22 am

Becky,

OMG...how very cool is that? 8)

I can only imagine your initial reaction to hearing TBOCM performed by a high school student in a talent show setting. :shock:

That's serendipity. :D

Thanks for sharing that story today.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”