gotta go now

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

gotta go now

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:08 pm

Love the new song by Antje Duvekot, Go Now. By the way, Ellis we all owe ya one for bringing us the news about Antje. Anyway, the song seems to be getting regular airplay on wxpn Philly and it shouldn't be too long before they have her as an artist to watch.......

On the cd Big Dream Boulevard, there is a reprise of the song GO NOW as a hidden track at the end. She's singing and laughing " I Really Gotta Go Now".

Thought this might be a good place to Check Out of the forum. If your'e up to it and have the time, just before you go, give us a holler.

I'll go first.

Hey, hey , I gotta go now.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:57 pm

This went over like a Red Sox loss to the Yankees.... :roll:

Just razzin ya guys, if this has no wings it doesn't, no worries.

Headin for the train station to pick up the girls..back from NYC.

Seeya later tonite.
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:06 pm

Paddy,

I wasn't able to follow what you were saying/asking. Could you help me out? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm

Not at all uncommon Karen. Allow me to explain what I mean with this thread. Oftentimes, we all login, browse around, read and post ,and once in awhile have a back and forth volley going with a topic or thread we are on. We all can see the names of registered users that are online - at least within the last 5 minutes. So, you get the feeling you're online with others and then all of sudden, one or two folks drop off. They have logged out and in 5 minutes their name is gone from the list of registered users currently online. Without a trace. Without a word. And that's fine, really.

But if ya wanted to say something as you left the building, so to speak, and you had the time or notion to say ciao on you way out........this would be the place to do it. I realise it's unneccessary.

But it's here if anyone feels like saying one more thing that doesn't really fit anyplace else. Like, I'm off to see the Wizard.......

Sorry, the girls are back after having just seen WICKED in NYC.

Did I explain it a little better this time? I can anticipate most folks reaction to this idea and thread, but at least it's out there to use. It's really only to be used occasionally, when you feel like it. Certainly not meant to slow folks down at logout, as that would get old fast.

So, I dunno guys, useful or not?
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:47 am

Paddy,

OK...now I get it. :) I pesonally don't think it's necessary....I'd rather folks come and go as they please. I, for one, don't want to have to check out. I'm a free-spirit, after all. :wink:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:34 pm

Paddy,
You seem a perfect candidate for the PM feature. It is an instant message like feature. You see a friend log on and you can chat back and forth with them. Plus it makes a cute little box pop up on the screen like a present! :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:23 am

Bon,

What are you saying?

I don't know quite know how to take your suggestion.

I'm not a real big fan of PM, myself. It's there. I know that.

It just seems a bit high school note passing to me.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm feeling a bit like you're trying to tell me something, publicly.
Like, I dunno, enough already with the long posts.

If I need to stop saying hey there, I see you, or gotta go now, that's fine.

I'll stop.

See ya.
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:35 am

Paddy,

I can't speak for Bonnie, but her note seems pretty straightforward and kind-hearted to me....sounds like she was simply suggesting that you might like the PM feature! :) It does come in handy at times! Feel free to sign-off however you like. Members are encouraged to do whatever feels comfortable to them. :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:57 am

Oh, I know. I can't speak for Bonnie either. Only for myself.

I may have read more into her post to me than was there.

To me, it was indeed kind - hearted. Just that it seemed a kind - hearted way to say think about taking some of your direct conversations with others off forum over at the PM function because maybe it's more suitable there and you're boring me or slowing me down.

I could be WAY wrong here and all by myself WAY out in Left Field. :wink:

No worries....and thanks for the feedback, Karen.

Bonnie, no hard feelings I hope.
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:59 am

No no no Paddy. You misunderstood. You seem to enjoy a way to greet people personally when you see them log on.

I use the feature on my other board all the time. It is a good way to nurture friendships. For example, while posting in the formal threads I can ask a friend what they did on their day off or ask how work was. Things that I wouldn't post publicly.

It isn't in place of the public threads, but in addition to them! :D

Please forgive the confusion. If I had any kind of an issue I would have sent you a PM, and not posted it for everyone to see.

Friends?
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:14 am

Whew! Thanks for having my back there, Bonnie. I was sweating that last post of mine. I'm kind of new at cyber chat and ettiquette stuff, so I thought maybe I was bending rules and stretching folks patience. That's how I took it anyway. I see now that you were being your good natured self and helping out a fellow forum member.

As to PM for private chat, I can see how it could be a useful way to talk with someone off forum. I just think that, before actually developing a friendship with someone in this group, it might be a little strange to start sending PM over to someone that just logged on. Hec, look what happened when I said hello to Jalapenos at her log in that day. Kind of freaked her out to find out that she could be tracked like that.

Friends?..........of course.

And Happy Happy 29 again!
paddy

Return to “Say Something”