Happy Thanksgiving

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Richard + Jela

Happy Thanksgiving

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:00 pm

We just want to wish all of you over there in the States a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING for tommorow.......enjoy!!

Jela + Richard

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:21 pm

Thank you!

I had the same wish up on my screen but work got busy.

To my fellow US based Ellis fans,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

To all Ellis fans around the world,

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

:D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Tupelogirl#2

Postby Tupelogirl#2 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:39 pm

Wishing everyone a happy, safe Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, and FOOD! Enjoy! :D
~ Laura
Tumbleweeds
Dance on the ground
Armadillos (poor little guys)
Upside down

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:14 pm

Thanks Jela and everyone! I'm very thankful for friendships that have developed as a result of this board! :)

And remember......Save a Turkey and

:lol:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:35 am

I'd like to send out Holiday Greetings as well to the fine folks on the board I'm thankful to be able to consider friends. To those I've met this year and to those I've only "kinda met" through the back and forth, thanks for all you do to make this such a great community to be a part of.

I've been seated at more than a few Turkey Day dinners in my day, and at several I've heard folks proclaim that for which they are thankful.

Often they would say they were thankful for their health and the health of their family. Well, sure. Seems a given. Actually, when you're young and most everyone around you is young too and in relative good health, the sentiment always seemed kinda silly. I bring this up today to reiterate the point. While it's easy enough to take it all for granted, this year I cannot.

After nearly a week of trying to do battle with a virus that had all the signs of the flu, my wife woke up this morning quite a bit worse for wear. She thought perhaps she had fractured or broken a rib, it was that painful and that difficult to take a deep breath. She soldiered on thru the morning, even getting on a business call for about an hour, all the while never really letting on how much discomfort she was in, even to me. But when she asked me to shower and get ready because when the call was over we were going to the hospital because, as she said: something's not right!!!

We found out today that she has pneumonia. I'm happy to say that she is as well as can be expected and was admitted to the hospital for treatment and observation, likely for the next 2 to 3 days.

Our travel plans to Ohio had already been nixed based on her flu like stuff all week, and a co-worker of hers, upon hearing this and knowing she would be in no shape to cook on Thursday, took it upon herself to prepare a complete Thanksgiving Meal for us. I wanted to cry when I found out today. Big ol tears of joy.

So, I'm thankful for friends and family, health and modern medicine.

Be well......be safe........be thankful.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:35 pm

Moving this here from another thread.

KarenZ
renee wrote:Well, its that time of year again, stuff yourself and then watch 22 men duke it out over a little pigskin for several hours. My Dad's an ex-highschool football coach so we will definitely be watching the game. I'm in Texas, haven't been home in a while, but its good to look in the local paper and see they are really knocking out the drug problem with several mari-ju-ana see-zures and there is a year end sale on tractors. God bless Texas!
Hope wherever you are and whoever you are spending your Thanksgiving with, it's a good place, with warm hearts and lots of taters :)
Let's say what we are thankful for:
I'll start...
I'm thankful to live in a country where there is religious freedom
I'm thankful for friends and families here and on the East Coast
I'm thankful for music. Good music. writing it, singing it, living amidst it and exploring the options of sound and song.
Peace, love and giblets.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:00 am

Folks,

Another year gone by! :shock:

Once again I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for many things - especially the support that you all have provided here to make our online community such a friendly, informative place! I definitely can't do it by myself and am so grateful for show reports, setlists, pictures, and discussion on a mulitude of topics! Let's remember to give thanks especially for Ellis Paul's music that has so enriched our lives.....and continue to spread the word to keep him going strong! :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Right on, Karen!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

For all of the travelers, be safe out there!

Monica R.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:14 pm

I am thankful for many things, music being right up there next to family, friends, and health.

Ellis said on the BackStage with Barry Nolan show on Comcast*...that by going the folk music route he will "be able to perform and entertain into his 80's" !! HUGE THANKS FOR THAT!! :)

*That show is still on ON DEMAND until 11/22*
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:35 am

"on Thanksgiving Day, i'm gonna mind my manners, leave the planning, to the planners, break away, find a stool, at Eddie's Attic, thankful as always, I'm a fanatic"

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:03 am

Wishing all you music lovers 'over there' a very, very happy Thanksgiving.

With best wishes from the UK,

Jela + Richard

Richard + Jela

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Well it's a little past midnight here so it's time for us to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving :lol:

Have a great time - it would be lovely to hear about the traditions you follow on this special day.

Jela + Richard

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:02 am

Thanks Jela! I'll be heading to my mom's in the morning with a turkey that I will stuff and put into the oven at her house. We will have the traditional herb stuffing, sweet potatoes, jellied cranberry, pumpkin pie, pasta made by another family member plus other side dishes. Friday I plan to put up the Christmas tree since I'm taking the day off from work. There's no way I'm going any where near a mall. :)

Will you be celebrating Thanksgiving in England? (I should probably re-read what has already been posted in this thread from years past.) :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:48 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Our traditions include eating too much and then taking a walk to ward of some of the guilt and make room for dessert!

Have a great day everyone!

Monica R.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:23 am

..was going to post a message hours ago then L-triptophan kicked in...zzzzzz

Over the turnpike and thru the tolls to grandmother's (in-laws) house we go!

Like clockwork, we travel to Ohio for the holiday to celebrate Thanksgiving and much needed face time with family. Ordinarily I'd say it's much needed rest from the strains of work life for my wife, but Thanksgiving time seems to be a time we have learned to be on the lookout for the unexpected.

A few years ago it was a bout of pneumonia for her, this year was something altogether different, but painful all the same. Deciding she would knock out Christmas decorations early this year, she took to it last weekend with me on the road for music.

With it all but done, she was working at the top of the staircase leading to our basement. One misstep and she found herself at the bottom of the steps in a great deal of pain.

"This is bad" she told herself over and over again. Fortunately, the only significant injury she sustained was breaking two bones in her left arm at the wrist. It could have been so much worse.

For that, and so much more, we are thankful, today. Hope you all had a great day today, get your homes decorated without incident, and enjoy a safe, happy and healthy holiday season.

Happy Thanksgiving!
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Paddy very sorry to hear what happened and send best wishes for a speedy recovery, from the fall, to your wife.

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:46 am

Thanks for the well wishes Pamela's way, Jela. She was touched.

Eating too much still seems to be the order of the day, with leftovers here and various gatherings at different homes in the area with family and friends. It's a great time of the year!

Thought of Ellis' tradition on Black Friday today........ :lol:
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:19 am

Gosh - where did the year go?

Happy Thanksgiving to all - eat, drink and be merry! Enjoy time with family and friends ♥♥♥

Jela + Richard

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:22 am

Another year, another turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Have a beautiful day and safe traveling for you travelers!

Karen, give Mason an extra special hug from me today. Nothing like a little one to brighten up the holidays even more!

xxoo,
Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:16 am

Thanks, ladies! Happy Thanksgiving to you all too! And Monica, I will be sure to give Mason a big hug from you. :D Did I tell you how much Mason likes to listen to Dragonfly Races? When he starts fussing, I often will put the CD on....or, depending on where we are, will just start singing "wabi sabi" and not only does he quit fussing, but he starts to coo....like he's trying to sing! It's freaky, I tell 'ya! :) I am especially grateful for friends and music....and my new grandson. :-)

Here's Mason as a Halloween tiger:

Now to post some good news - especially for for Bonnie ;) - in the Paparazzi forum.... :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:20 am

I can't say I'm surprised Mason calms down to Wabi Sabi. Sure wish I had Ellis' kid stuff around when my kids were babies. I used to sing Sherri Lewis (aka Lamb Chop) This Is The Song That Never Ends ...... and it really was the song that never ended, would rock and sing that to my daughter and she'd eventually stop fussing, probaby cos' she was sick and tired of hearing it over and over again. HA!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:27 am

Monica, you crack me up. :)

KarenZ

Return to “Say Something”