Movie: "Into the Wild"

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Movie: "Into the Wild"

Postby KarenZ » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:41 am

Folks,

Gosh, I've been knocking myself out trying to find a contact address or phone number for anyone associated with the movie Into the Wild (to suggest Ellis' song) with no success. I finally joined the movie's message board and started a thread "Music for Into the Wild" asking if anyone could provide any help with a contact. Do you guys think it would help if more of us from the EP board chimed in? To be able to post on the ITW board, you have to go through a painless registration process. If you're interested and would like to help the cause click here to join the movie's message board.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:16 pm

Karen, I'd be happy to help. I'm sure all of us would be. Seems like the long way round...but hey...whatever works.

Seems like there would be a few degrees of separation to expedite the process of bring Ellis' song to the movie people's attention.

I could suggest a bunch......but don't want to name drop or impose on folks. I truly hope somehow the word gets out there.

Maybe we get Mel Gibson lubed and driving and involved, and he shouts it at the top of his lungs to the arresting officer, that Ellis's song should be considered for Into The Wild's soundtrack.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:26 pm

Consider it done! I've added my two-penny-worth.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:28 pm

Thanks, Jela! :)

Paddy, yes, I realize it's the long way around. As I stated, I have not been successful in finding a more direct route.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:52 pm

Karen and Jela,

Have just viewed the thread you two have so ably begun, and I have to commend you both for your posts on the subject. I do believe if anything can get Ellis' song consideration for placement in this movie, both of your posts on the movie website on the subject at hand is just bound to get noticed by someone associated with the filmmakers.

Awesome job you two. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:24 am

I see that someone who knows the person/people responsible for the film's music replied to the thread about using Ellis' song.

Whilst they thought that it may not make the soundtrack I hope that the point made by Patti on the thread is appreciated as it is spot on.

Here's hoping they do include it...

Jela

Return to “Say Something”