(movie) "Hope Springs"

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

renee

(movie) "Hope Springs"

Postby renee » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:11 am

Hi everyone :wink: I just saw a good movie last night called Hope Springs. Its about a guy whose fiancee does a snowjob on him and in his desperation leaves England and goes to New England to forget his pain. He is an artist that sketches portraits of the whole town. Great cast, and some hysterically funny moments. Its almost a carbon of my life right now, but I have no plans of flying to England to forget...
I'm at a point in my life where despite unpredictable hardship, I'm facing the music.
A good man told me yesterday that you have to have faith even in the face of hopeless situations that are beyond our ability to change. And that even in our own trouble, if we allow it, we can be a gift to others. Pain is a great teacher, heartache and rejection are the stuff of some of the best songs of our time, as well as an opportunity to bond and minister to others who are going through difficult times.
Its a sad glory, but i look back at 911 and think I don't know if I have ever seen America so unified and compassionate as a people. I was a little disheartened when things started getting back to "normal" because I noticed many people went back to their pre-911 distance from one another. But...I have hope. I guess that's what this movie is about and what the world needs more of. Unconditional love.
Peace to all out there who seek and give it whenever they can.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:02 pm

Renee.....Hi and Kind of sort of WELCOME :!: I notice it's your third post out here on the new board and can't help but think the 3rd time's a charm.
Enjoyed your thoughts and words just now on everything from the movie review to your personal journey and how somehow music is always there to help. Guess we've all been down that road. Music up. Windows down.

Hmmmn...music as solace...what would we do without it? Sounds like it could have a thread and life of it's own out here in discussion land. :wink:

The bonus is that my wife and I had a 1/2 day to ourselves and decided it was slim pickens on Movies out right now so we decided not to go. NOW, I know what I want to see next....thanks for that....as this film was not on our radar yet at all.

Be well.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”