Spectacle (music show!) on Sundance Channel!

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Spectacle (music show!) on Sundance Channel!

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Folks,

Wow.....did I stumble across a wonderful show on TV yesterday!.....just minutes after lamenting to my son that there never seems to be anything good on TV to watch! The show is called Spectacle. Elvis Costello with...... For each episode, EC interviews an artist (or more - like the one I saw yesterday) and there are performances. The episode I happened to catch yesterday featured John Prine, Lyle Lovett and Ray Lamontagne! It was really good! And it ended with all four of them performing Townes Van Zandt's "Loretta"! 8)

Anyway, looks like this particular episode will re-air this Tuesday night at 12am then again on Jan. 30 at 5pm.

Upcoming episodes will feature 1) Bruce Springsteen; 2) Bono and The Edge; 3) Sheryl Crow; 4) Levon Helm.

Check out the complete episode listing and schedule below:

Spectacle. Season 2.

I guess I missed Season 1! :-( Did any of you know about this show? I don't think I've ever watched anything on the Sundance Channel before yesterday! :shock:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: Spectacle (music show!) on Sundance Channel!

Postby Patti » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Karen usually there is nothing on ( well from late October - early April's Opening Day :lol: )

that's a good catch you got there, will try to check it out
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:52 pm

That sounds superb !
Jeff

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 am

Spent Saturday afternoon watching back-to-back episodes of this show. One episode featured Bono and The Edge. Another featured Ron Sexsmith, Sheryl Crow, Neko Case and Jesse Winchester. A third featured Alan Touissant, Nick Lowe, Richard Thompson and Levon Helm. Wow. :shock: Then there was a 2-parter with Bruce Springsteen. Love this kind of stuff! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Say Something”