Pandora.com

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Pandora.com

Postby KarenZ » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:38 am

Hi everybody,

Not that we don't already have enough online music resources! :o Today's Sunday paper had a blurb about Pandora.com, a web site "created by the Music Genome Project". In a nutshell, you type in the name of a favorite artist or song and Pandora automatically maps you to other artists you may like by developing an online radio playlist for you. OK...so I typed in "Ellis Paul" and my jukebox immediately started playing "Words"! In looking at upcoming songs on my playlist I see:

1. Abandoned Love - David Moore
2. Rise - Josh Rouse
3. If she needs me - Sam Ashworth
4. A message - Coldplay
5. Servo - The Brian Joseph Band
6. (In the mood for) Johnny Cash - Mile
7. Give in give up - Ellis Paul
8. All your faithless loyalties - Two Gallants
9. Not that cool - Will Hoge

Somehow (still trying to figure this out) I skipped ahead and listened to 7, 8 and 9. I had never heard of the Two Gallants or Will Hoge but liked them both. You can click on an artist's name or song title for more info (discography, etc.) and it also links you to Amazon.com if you want to purchase something.

Definitely a good resource to discover new artists. Check it out at Pandora.com.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi Karen

that website is pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

(I'm hoping this post gets through...for some reason, I keep getting directed back to the log in page, which I have all ready done??)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:21 pm

Patti :!: Your posting ban has been lifted :!: Yay :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:22 pm

Since my first post got through I will try another..

I tried Flynn and Antje at Pandora.com but no luck, when I tried Vance Gilbert it came up with Ellis Paul...

Hmmm.....creating my own radio station is such fun...though I had always planned on using the call letters...WPAT!!!

Patti

Postby Patti » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:23 pm

that a HUGE WAHOOOOOOO !!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:45 pm

Go Patti...Go Patti...Go Patti...!!!

Anybody else ever dreamed of being a dj on their own station... :?:

I know I have. :wink:

Always loved Harry Chapin's W.O.L.D.

Or should I say: W....O....L....D...D...D...D...D...D...D

:wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

shannon

wow!!!!!!!!!!

Postby shannon » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:40 pm

What a great website Karen, thank you so much. It's very fun to see who they group Ellis with. I definately think he's one in a million but I can see why they have chosen some of the others! Thanks again!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:37 pm

I am really anxious to give this a try, but I am using dial up indefinitely. :(
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Return to “Say Something”