Invitation to Lurkers!

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Invitation to Lurkers!

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Hello world!

I know there are many, many more folks reading this than folks who post here on a regular basis. When I look at overall website statistics, I can see that almost ALL website activity comes through the discussion board.....and over and over again I meet people at shows and out on the Ellis Paul trail who tell me that even though they may not ever post, they read the board religiously. This is a personal invitation to all you lurkers, inviting you all to become a registered member and let us know what you think about Ellis Paul's music, shows, and especially the new CD being released in just six days. Please don't view the online community here as a "clique" because we really are an all-inclusive group of folks just waiting to welcome you all with open arms and hearts. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Re: Invitation to Lurkers!

Postby bonuela » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 am

i agree with karen. i look forward to new members.

sometimes we appear "clique-y" but that is because we formed a bond via this message board. none of us knew each other before we joined and now we are real live honest to goodness friends. :mrgreen:

please, if you are our there share in our fun.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:46 pm

I post once a year and I always feel welcome. :)

(Does posting once a year make me a lurker?)
-Katie

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Katie,

I would say if you're registered and posting once a year, you are most definitely NOT a lurker. :-)

KarenZ
Jalapenos wrote:I post once a year and I always feel welcome. :)

(Does posting once a year make me a lurker?)
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:25 pm

gimme the post boys and free my soul

i wanna get lost in your post and roll

and lurk away
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:52 am

Yes, I too would love to see more people participate in the board.

I know from comments I receive about posts that there are people who enjoy reading them but don't post themselves.

Please join us if you can. I heartily endorse what Bonnie said - when I first started posting on here I didn't know a soul but now have made very good friends with many posters and love meeting up at the shows with everyone. Being on the other side of the pond means that I can't get to many shows but I do also enjoy living vicariously thorough the contributions people make on here.

Jela

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:53 pm

I echo all of your responses. I was a lurker for a long time, then posted under some crazy name I can't even remember anymore.

If it weren't for me having a few drinks (liquid courage) across the street before a Passim show and recognizing Karen from photos on this board and going over and introducing myself, well I'd have missed out on a bunch of great stuff.

This is such a wonderful community of people who share a common bond ... the love of music ... especially Ellis', but I've also been introduced to some other amazing musicians through this group as well.

Hop on the train. It's a wonderful ride!

Monica R.

annieb

Postby annieb » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:47 am

I can attest to the fact that this is not a 'clique'!!

I came way late to the game and was greeted with a warm welcome!

Happy New Year All!! :)

~ Annie

danaj

Postby danaj » Fri May 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Same with me Annie... This is an amazing community of wonderful people. And they are even more super in person. :)

(BTW- I'm one of those post-very-rarely people! :lol: )
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

Return to “Say Something”