Monica Mansfield on WBZ 1030AM - Nov. 1, 2009

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Monica Mansfield on WBZ 1030AM - Nov. 1, 2009

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:18 am

Listen Live Now

Our own Monica Mansfield is on air with Jordan Rich on 1030AM in Boston Mass right now for the next 2 hours ~ 1a - 3a eastern daylight time

Listen Live Now Here
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Re: Monica Mansfield on WBZ 1030AM Boston

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:21 am

Monica is on air now with Jordan Rich and Willy Porter. I hope I can stay up for the whole thing ~ THEY SOUND GREAT!!!

Anyone else up listening in :?: :?:
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:27 am

Willy talked about an upcoming tour with Raining Jane members. He talked about family life and being present and devoting time to his kids when he is home. Monica espoused Willy's music and great guyness adding that Willy has a portion of his live music concerts that allows audience members to toss out words and ideas for a song Willy makes up on the spot. Some music was played from his latest record.

Sounds really good gonna have to track it down...

Who's next :?:
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:36 am

"I can't live a day without music ~ it's like breathing" Monica tells Jordan as they chat about Monica's background with playing and singing some in her younger days on hold for now til the kids grow up then hopefully pick it back up....

Commercial break and up next is CHRIS TRAPPER!!

You up Barb62???

Can you hear me......? You know I'm getting older, and need my beauty sleep but as Jordan reminds we turn the clock back one hour at 2am

Thank God!!!

Chris Trapper is introduced just now.
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:45 am

Chris says he was born and lowered in Buffalo NY... :lol:

Just in from a Halloween event at home where once the kids are put to bed the adults bring out the alchohol.....

The talk turns to how important the grass roots efforts are and how it's fan to fan to help spread the word and just how important Monica is as a catalyst.

Chris talks about his life and how he's able to tour and make music and still return home to a normal life and dinner with his kids and tells the story of a dinner out with his friend Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty and once folks spottedd him thru the window how it was like a circus of people pointing and making a fuss. He appreciates what those guys have to go thru and seems to prefer his level of notoriety.

He performs his song This Time from the movie August Rush which was nominated for a grammy. He got ot attend and sit in the "D Celebrity" Section.
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:50 am

Jordan asks Chris about writing for a movie does he get to see rushes. He said he was able to write This Time in about 30 minutes and how a song in a hit movie is worth a year's worth of touring income. He hopes to write the perfect song each time out for a movie or tv show here and there but it's just not that easy...

Pepper Dennis televison show mentioned features his songs..

How Chris gets to sing the National Anthem at a number of professional sports games local to Boston ~ Red Sox and Patriots as well as a Hockey Game in Buffalo NY

From The LA DODGERS to the READING PHILLIES.... :lol:

Chris set to perform another song ~ I wish I was cool 8)
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:09 am

Back from break and Monica exponds on his career with the Push Stars and solo and time on her cable show mostlyrocknroll that airs locally on cable...

Tony calls in to talk to Chris saying he just saw him at me and thee cofffee house demanding Chris get 45 minutes not 30 minutes.... :lol: Chris talks about the writing process talking song idea points into answering machines and tape recorders..

Tony exponds on how Chris has the ability to draw listeners in leading Chris to tongue in cheekly ask Tony if someone's paying him to say some of this.... :lol:

Before the call came in Monica was explaining how cool it is that when Chris was in her studio to film the interview and perform that one song in particular he did was Any Little Town. How it's a great song on Chris' record but oftentimes in the live recreation performance of the song that if you're lucky you can capture some of the magic moments! Here they did...

In this case Monica tells of having just lost a close friend and how Chris' song Any Littles Town just seem to fit some of the things surrounding her dealing with the loss of the friend and how she often goes back to that clip finding solace there.

Chris gets a bit tongue tied when Jordan asks him about his various online sights folks can check him out on....

www's and myface and spacebooks

:lol:

Monica is so good at this!

In additon to her other jobs, as discussed early in the program with Jordan Rich pointing out that Monica is a full time mom of 4 kids I think he said, a full time veteranarian (did i spell that right at this hour?) a radio host for her own show each week on air answering questions about listeners pet concerns....

They just watched the hour gained happen on the clocks....

ahhh.....a second wind for me!

I hope so anyway.... :oops:

As Springsteen sings in concert....

IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE :?: :?:

:P
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:11 am

Forgetful Jones guitarist just called in to the studio....

John Holland is his name and Jordan plays a taste of his music!
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:25 am

Jordan gets John talking about his influences in music specifically Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam's guitarists...

How they're the reason he picked up a guitar. Jordan mentions the tour dates page on Forgetful Jones website and how they seem to be playing most nights of the week. John said they're excited each time they get to play in front of people ~ how that's what's it's all about for them...

***lost power to the laptop and missed about 5 minutes :oops:

Lenny Peterson is in studio and up after the break
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:31 am

Clutch Grabwell is Lenny's musical release Jordan says he plays swing and big band ~ Lennie presents Monica and Jordan a print of a pen and ink Beethhoven (picture is on his website) and he talks about a printing company on the cape that prints them up for him and how he has numerous others of Miles Davis and Billie Holiday and one that just sold in Japan....

A caller calls in heaping praise on Monica and the work she does, he plugs a Forgetful Jones show at a club where he met his wife and all are touched by this man's excitement about the upcoming show there.....
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:44 am

I got lost on a discusssion about a comic strip...

A gentleman calls in to talk about great all this is and thanks them and proceeds to ask Monica if he can somehow reach her as he knows a local boston girl who is trying to break and how good she is.

Monica offers the email address to mostlyrocknroll for him to send her information and answers his question of how she finds artists to feature on her show. Monica answers basically that it's music that she reacts to first and foremost.
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:52 am

Someone, not sure sorry, on the phone as a special guest talking about nashville and the work that calls him there but how spending 6 months there is near impossible with a family to tend to....

There was also talk about how good he is to Monica always keeping her book up near the front cashiers at Barnes and Noble Bookstores. How whenever she enters the store he gets on the store's overhead pa system and announces "HEY EVERYBODY, MONICA MANSFIELD IS IN THE STORE!!!"

Glenn Stevenson has 3 children and labs that Monica takes care of Glen says and how great it is to have connections with a VET when one is needed on weekends and holidays adding "how many people can say that?"

Monica is drop dead gorgeous Jordan says AND deals with furballs :lol:
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:56 am

Hacked frontman Lenny Peterson on air now....

He does comic strips and....

Caller asking about a rural area positon in the field....

Lenny says he keeps at least six creative projects going all the time and how that's what drives creative people how they have to be doing it....

Youtube Itunes get your stuff out there......she's written music and songs and he's suggesting just record it and more surprising things have happened in a you just never know way!
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:05 am

Clutch Grabwell Hacked do Stone Temple Pilots with horns..

Lennypeterson dot com for prints purchase etc...

Jordan thanks Monica and Monica thanks Jordan for all he is and does how he's such a bright light for folks....

Doing good and shining some lights is what Jordan says they are there to do....

mostlyrocknroll dot com for Monica's website at Jordan's inquiry into how listeners can check out what Monica is up to with her music show....

Jordan says goodnight and goodbye to Monica adding that the next time she will be in the studio she will be wearing her white lab coat and Monica chuckles and says Yes, I will.

GREAT SHOW MONICA, JORDAN, WILLY, CHRIS, AND OTHERS!!

THANKS!!

YOU DIDNT SOUND THE LEAST BIT SCARED!

AND IT'S HALLOWEEN FOR GOODNESS SAKE.....

NO WAIT, THAT'S ANOTHER HOLIDAY SONG....

DON'T WANT TO GO RUSHING IT NOW, DO WE?

:P
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:09 am

Jordan says they just had the most glorius 2 hours with Monica and how great all the artists were and not the sterotypes so often attached to the business....

Jordan's working the extra hour.....

I'm gong to bed!

Actually I'm going to bed....

Pam would kill me If I gonged right now....

"BANG A GONG.....GET IT ON.....THE FLIPSIDE

Fall back or not....it's late!

Goodnight ya'll

I KNOW IT'S MOSTLYROCKNROLL BUT I LIKE IT LIKE IT

YES I DO

8)

MOSTLYROCKNROLL ON MYSPACE
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:38 am

Great recap PITP - you did really well to keep awake so late an' all.

Congrats Monica on a super show.

Jela

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:21 am

Great recap Paddy.. Sorry Monica there was no way I could make it last night but I have spent "my extra hour" this morning checking out all things Chris Trapper :D Very Cool... and like he said it is so important to spread the music fan to fan.. you certainly helped that effort... I just ordered his latest CD Till the Last Leaf Falls... :D

hmmm.. Monica I knew you liked Rock and Roll I didn't realize you played rock and roll... intersting.... :)

You are a woman of many talents!!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Mtn Gal

Postby Mtn Gal » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:23 am

Who needs to stay up late with Pat around?! Great job, paddy! Wish I could've listened live but I suffered a post trick-or-treat chocolate crash and just couldn't do it. I appreciate the blow-by-blow though...almost like I heard the show with my own ears! :D
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:55 am

Haven't gone back through the blow by blow recap
Hope it didn't ramble on! Led Zeppelin pun intended
Ordinarily I'd go back thru and whittle it down.... :oops:

Monica rocks there's just no denying the fact ~ jordan the most gracious host said it over and over how cool it is that she does so much ~ aside from all her other endeavors ~ he just gushed on how nice all her musician guests were in studio and calling in by phone. Jordan was right, they were, and are...

I thought Ellis might phone in, didn't happen.

The hour fall back helped greatly, especially since I had burned serious midnight oil the night before and was supposed to turn in early last night. It's just that it's not every night that someone you know and admire is going to be on the radio.

So I kinda sorta had to, it got tougher and tougher late in the game and I almost sent out an S.O.S to anyone on the West Coast that might be able to spell me the last leg of the show. Police pun intended :D

safe to say:
Monica Mansfield
Jordan Rich
Chris Trapper
Willy Porter
Other Guests

ROCK

The whole show played like old friends conversing about how important music is to them and how artists need their fans and I guess it's very much the case that the fans need the artists and their music every bit as much if not more. Monica did well to shed light on the nature of indie artists out there.

Happy to try and capture some of that mostlyrocknroll magic! 8)
paddy

mm

Postby mm » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 pm

WOW! Paddy, I am completely amazed and humbled that you listened and shared the synopsis. Thank you so much for staying up so late!! At least now I know it all wasn't just some fantastic dream. It went by so fast with so many people who are quite dear to me in the room and on the phone. It was SO much fun, and I am soooo blessed to be surrounded by such great folks. I didn't mention on air my co-conspirator in crime, Marc at the TV station, who is a key to the operation.
Also, Paddy, you are so sweet to detail all this!!! YOU are helping spread the word about these artists in your way, and that's what it's all about.
Just to be accurate, our country rocker was Glenn Stewart, who is also the store manager at the Shrewsbury Borders.I only have 2 kids, (I don't know how the moms of 4 do it!). and the WBZ radio for the veterinary part of things isn't weekly, just every few months like here. The best websites for artist photos or the video clips from the show are myspace.com/mostlyrockroll and youtube.com/mostlyrocknroll.
Thank you from me for such great vibes and on behalf of the artists who we all love and wish to share with the world!

mm

Postby mm » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Paddy, we posted at the same time! And Jordan too is a truly wonderful spirit, great and positive guy. Lennie Peterson at the end is one of my best friends in life, and Mike Gianfriddo who we called at the very end, same as well.
Hope you got some rest Paddy. I think I need to skip church his week, Karen! Overslept!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:27 pm

About an hour ago I turned the radio on in the garage and landed on a station playing the Rolling Stones. Started dancing and thought about the power of music and it's effect on our lives. And of course I thought about you and the love of music we share as evidenced here on the forum and through the work you do with mostlyrocknroll and shows on the radio like last night's.

What a great thing that shows like Jordan Rich's ~ on AM Radio no less ~ can provide listeners with the kind of mutual music appreciation that burns inside folks like you and me and by doing so pass it on to those perhaps unaware of your guests leading them to know who they are and what they do.

What a gift you give to those listening and tuning in.... 8)

I hesitated to enlarge your family when I typed 4 kids and thought is that right? thinking well, she's pretty amazing so yes I think it's 4 kids. Just having one wears me out sometimes!

Thanks for all you do Monica!

And on this end, it's my pleasure...

:wink:
paddy

Return to “Say Something”