New TV show: Glee

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

New TV show: Glee

Postby KarenZ » Tue May 19, 2009 10:21 am

Folks,

Heard this interview on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross yesterday about a new TV show on Fox which will be previewed tonight just following American Idol. The show is called "Glee" and from what I heard yesterray on NPR, it sounds like it might be something music-lovers will like. Time will tell. :-) (A little preview of the glee club performing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" grabbed my attention.) Supposedly the series (which will officially start in the fall) is about a high school glee club - thus the name. More info at the link below.

From 'Nip/Tuck' To High School 'Glee'

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: New TV show: Glee

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 20, 2009 8:33 am

I enjoyed this last night. I may have to tune in again in the fall to see what happens..... :)

Did anyone else tune in?

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 am

I watched it. I enjoyed the camp factor. While the show itself was funny, the music was taken seriously.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Folks,

For those of you who missed the preview episode last night, here's a trailer. :)

Glee - Extended Trailer

Karenz

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 pm

A Glee Club? I'm having a 'lost in translation' moment again - we don't have them over here.

Trailer looks like its a fun series and maybe we'll get it over here eventually.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed May 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Jela,

A glee club is another term for a choir or chorus. :-)

KarenZ
Richard + Jela wrote:A Glee Club? I'm having a 'lost in translation' moment again - we don't have them over here.

Trailer looks like its a fun series and maybe we'll get it over here eventually.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Folks,

Forgot to remind you all that the series began its regular run last night at 9pm EST. A fun show. Here's the LA Times' re-cap of last night's episode:

'Glee': Please don't stop the music

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks for the reminder Karen.. I know my oldest is a fan.. (she recorded it on DVR) from the little bit I caught..seems funny enough..My husband was laughing out loud...

the show is def. NOT for the tweenagers...
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:09 pm

I LOVE this show! I still have a couple more DVRed episodes to catch up on. Sue is so absurdly funny with the awful things she says about everyone. I laugh out loud a lot when I'm watching Glee!
-Katie

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:23 am

The cast of Glee will make an appearance on Oprah tomorrow, Wednesday, April 7, 2010. More info at the link below.

Cast of Glee on Oprah

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:20 pm

The new series starts up again Tuesday night !!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:14 am

Thanks, Patti! I was wondering about that. :-)

According to The Oprah Show, the #1 most popular musical event on the show is the cast of Glee performing Queen's "Somebody to Love" linked below:

Cast of Glee performing "Somebody to Love"

KarenZ
Patti wrote:The new series starts up again Tuesday night !!

Return to “Say Something”