51st Grammy Awards - Feb. 8, 2009

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

51st Grammy Awards - Feb. 8, 2009

Postby KarenZ » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:15 am

Folks,

The Grammy Awards will be broadcast this Sunday night at 8pm EST on CBS. Several of our "friends" have been nominated: Pete Seeger, Alison Krauss (with Robert Plant), Joan Baez, EmmyLou Harris, & Rodney Crowell. Sugarland has two nominations for their song "Stay". I have a friend who works for Trout Fishing in America so I'm happy for her that their album Big Round World has been nominated for best childrens' album.

Here's the complete list of nominees:

Grammy Nominees

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: 51st Grammy Awards - Feb. 8, 2009

Postby Patti » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:26 am

Didn't tune in to watch but I read that Sugarland won 2 awards (at least) John Mayer won also.. Hmmm.. Eddie Owen's place has had its share of grammy winners pass through his door...

ALso ready the list quickly and saw lBruce Springsteen and Pete Seeger listed as winners too. As well as my "hometown" favorite.. Bill Harley for spoken word in children's catagory!!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Mtn Gal

Re: 51st Grammy Awards - Feb. 8, 2009

Postby Mtn Gal » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:57 pm

I watched most of it Patti and I've gotta say, it was one of the best Grammy Shows I've ever seen. Excellent performances all night and some very interesting collaborations, i.e., Stevie Wonder and the Jonas Brothers, Sugarland and Adele, Justin Timberlake and Ne-Yo (I think that's who that was), etc. Speaking of Sugarland, they performed Stay and it blew me away. I think it was the absolute best I've ever heard them do. Jennifer was on the money and Kristian was his usual great self! The performances were so good that I had a hard time keeping up with all the winners but Sugarland did take home a couple, Allison Kraus and Robert Plant had album of the year and Coldplay got several. :)
"Nobody can dim the light which shines from within." ~ Maya Angelou

Return to “Say Something”