Okay, newbie here... I've been lurking around for awhile and finally decided, "Ah, what the hey... Jump on in!"
So, here goes...
1. First Name: Dana
2. Age: 35
3. Shoe Size: 9
4. Favorite Color: bluegreen
5. Favorite Animal: wolf
6. Top 5 Artists: Yeah, like EP isn't #1.
the other four are (in no particular order) Christopher Williams, Greg Klyma, Jamie Cullum and The Dedringers (and there are soooooo many others! Wow, what a tough question!)
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now: OK, another toughie. "Hard Kisser" by Greg Klyma, "Just Yet" by C-Dub and "East Tennessee" by the Dedringers
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul: I had heard so much about Ellis from people I knew and had set myself up *NOT* to swoon over him. I mean, really... who's *that* awesome?
Puh-leeze! Then I saw him at Woody Guthrie Fest and... ah, hell... the lyrics, the music, the voice... *swoon* An immediate convert.
9. Favorite Ellis song: hmmmm..... Rollaway Bed... or Martyr's Lounge. Or maybe Conversation with a Ghost... Dang! Who makes these tough questions???!!!???
10. Where do you live?: Soonerville, OK (aka: Norman)
11. What do you do for work? manage a chiropractic office
12. Do you have any children? 5 gorgeous, funny, dramatic, musical girls (who are currently driving me to distraction!!! Teenagers and pre-teens anyone?)
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Ya know, I always did wish I could be Storm from the X-Men...
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? The Red Dirt Rangers... 10 or 12 times. I love those guys.
15. Favorite Venue: my 2 favorites are The Blue Door and The Chouse. I love the intimate feel of both these places. It's always like hanging out with friends with the added benefit of some excellent music.
16. Favorite Website: www.truthdig.com
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? Don't ask me... go ask the Owl.
18. Are you male or female? F-E-M-A-L-E.
19. Do you have any pets? Recently lost our guinea pig to old age...
So now we're down 3 dogs (Auggie the beagle mix, Kiki the cocker spaniel and Princess Lexie the full-of-attitude Lhasa Apso), Schroeder-kitty, Boxy the Turtle and Flash, my betta. Whew!
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie