For new members: Get to know you survey!

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:40 pm

PotatoPicker wrote:PeteM - welcome ! Another Cowboy Junkie fan ? And Maria McKee - you have excellent taste.....

As indicated ealrlier - get to Ogunquit man (despite the higher-end tourist trap nature of much of it....). It wil lbe a fine show, and we will figure out a way to get folks together before or after or both....

Just a shoutout to our potato picker friend Jeff and wondering if you're up for Ogunquit???

Anybody heard from Jeff lately?
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:36 pm

bonuela wrote:1. First Name Bonnie
2. Age almost 40
3. Shoe Size 9 1/2
4. Favorite Color blue
5. Favorite Animal Sea otter
6. Top 5 Artists Matt Nathanson, The Alarm, Flynn, Ellis Paul, Seven Nations
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree ~ KT Tunstall, The Other Side ~ Don Con, Outside Villanova ~ Eric Hutchinson
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul Flynn told me about him.
9. Favorite Ellis song Maria's Beautiful Mess.
10. Where do you live? Massachusetts
11. What do you do for work? Corporate Travel Agent. (No. I can't get you a deal on a cruise!)
12. Do you have any children? Nope
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? To be at 2 concerts at once
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? Matt Nathanson ~ 40, Flynn in some band or another ~ 40 and The Alarm ~ 33.
15. Favorite Venue Club Passim. Bonus: Their blonde on blonde pizza is amazing!
16. Favorite Website MySpace
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? I tried to count when I was a kid. I got to 104 then let my dog take over. :P
18. Are you male or female? Female
19. Do you have any pets? A cat. Feta

Since we started a new page, I thought I'd bring an example of the survey up for a quick look see and a comment or two for all who feel inclined...like me. :P

Bonnie, I was not sure who Ellis had called the one true stalker in Ogunquit, but looking at your answer to # 14, I think maybe he was talkin about you Queen Bonuela. :lol:

I hope to see more Get To Know You Survey posts soon....Anyone feel like filling one out? I promise to go easy on you either way. :wink:
paddy

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:59 pm

JayceK - I didn't realize you're in Edmond...very close to me. Do you go to the Blue Door shows? I'm a UCO alum and actually brough Ellis there for a show (I was in SPB) - I think in 1999. You probably weren't around then.

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:18 pm

1. First Name: Emily
2. Age: 28 next month
3. Shoe Size: 7
4. Favorite Color: red, blue, chocolate -depends on what it's for.
5. Favorite Anima:l dog
6. Top 5 Artists: Christopher Williams, Ellis Paul, Don Conoscenti, Antje Duvekot, and probably Jeff Black
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now: hmmm..probably Sex Bandaid~ Antje Duvekot, Tennesse Rain ~ Christopher Williams, Molly~ Don Con
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul: Woody Guthrie Festival
9. Favorite Ellis song: too tough to answer 99% of them if not all of them
10. Where do you live?: Oklahoma City, OK
11. What do you do for work?: Assistant for a State Representative
12. Do you have any children?: 2 black labs but other than that nope
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be?: probably fly
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it?: Ellis Paul - not sure - never counted
15. Favorite Venue: I guess the Blue Door - the ony venue here and I haven't been able to travel that much - hopefully I'll visit others soon!
16. Favorite Website: www.ellispaul.com (was www.christopherw.com but discussion board has been down)
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?: dunno - never eat them.
18. Are you male or female?: Female
19. Do you have any pets?: Yes. 2 labs boy: Deezel girl: Dezzy
Last edited by emilyg on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:25 pm

Anyone who lists Ellis Paul in their Top 5 is OK by me. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 pm

Emily, paddy here and I'd like to say thanks for allowing the group to get to know you a little better today. It's not so hard, is it? Except for maybe that question that asks you to list your top 5 artists.

The first 4 are easy enough...it's the last one that's the tough one. There's at least 10 - 20 that run thru your mind, right?..... :wink:

Who's next?
paddy

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:08 pm

oops...just noticed my age says 'almost 28 next month' - I copied and pasted and I failed to delete the almost that was already there...ha! I've enjoyed reading about everyone!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:24 pm

In that case, Happy 28th!!!

In my 20's and 30's, every now and then, if it happened to be close to accurate, I would tell someone my age by including the "half" part to it.

People would always find that funny!!! :D

Sadly, there's nuttin funny about being "my age and a half", anymore. :cry:
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:23 pm

Not to cross - post again :P but I just thought of somethin funny. :D

People My Age - the song by John Gorka

He's a fave of mine and close in age. Let's see, how's it go?

People my age

Have started lookin gross :shock:

Ok, nevermind. :cry:

:wink:
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 pm

It's been awhile since we've seen a new get to know you survey filled out on this thread...so if anyone is so inclined....we'd love to get to know ya.

Thanks...and even if you're not ready to fill it out....and new here:

Welcome Aboard :!:
paddy

Jenfromcoby

Postby Jenfromcoby » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:21 pm

Been an on again/off again lurker with an occasional post long ago - finally re-joined this newest version of the db, so here goes...

1. First Name: Jen
2. Age: 41
3. Shoe Size: 9 (long toes)
4. Favorite Color: purple
5. Favorite Animal: red panda (looks like a cross between a fox and a racoon)
6. Top 5 Artists (as of this moment, but could change depending on what cds are currently in my car): Ellis, Christopher Williams, Crooked still, Great Big sea, Al Jarreau
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now: too many to narrow down
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul: my friend Melinda
9. Favorite Ellis song: another too difficult one
10. Where do you live?: Cobleskill, NY
11. What do you do for work? lutheran pastor
12. Do you have any children? nope,unless you count some of my parishoners
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? slow down time
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? I'm not good at keeping track, but if I were to guess it would be the formerly acclaimed band, Moxy Fruvous
15. Favorite Venue: Golding Park cafe (3 blocks away)
16. Favorite Website: match.com :wink:
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? depends on the flavor
18. Are you male or female? all-woman
19. Do you have any pets? 2 very spoiled cats (Delilah & Mickey)

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:48 pm

Why thanks Jen.....and again Welcome Aboard :!: I bet most of us who have filled out the survey in the past could stand to update their 3 favorite songs. I know I could easily change my mind on that one at least once or twice a month. Are you anywhere near PoughKeepsie, NY? Not sure where that is myself, but I do have a cousin my age that lives near there. I could keep an eye out for shows if it's close enough, and help spread the word that way.

Take care and again...thanks for chiming in.
paddy

lizzie

This looks like the best place to start

Postby lizzie » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:40 pm

I've been an Ellis fan since I found his cd Stories at the library. My first thought? He's cute, but can he sing? I've been hooked ever since. Here are my answers:

1. First Name: Sue

2. Age: 45

3. Shoe Size: 8 1/2

4. Favorite Color: yellow

5. Favorite Animal: cheetah

6. Top 5 Artists: Ellis, James Taylor, Sugarland, Robert Plant and 70's Southern Rock

7. 3 Favorite Songs right now: All-time favorites are "What a Wonderful World", "At Last" and "Something" (George Harrison)

8. How you heard about Ellis Paul: library cd shelf

9. Favorite Ellis song: If You Break Down

10. Where do you live?: North of Columbus, OH

11. What do you do for work? accountant (yawn) I married a musician and one of us had to earn a living. It didn't last, but I'm too old to change now.

12. Do you have any children? a beautiful, funny, liberal and intelligent daughter who's in her second year of college

13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? help people see the good

14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? James Taylor - 8 times?

15. Favorite Venue: I don't really have one.

16. Favorite Website: Democratic Underground when they're on their best behavior

17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? I'm not that patient.

18. Are you male or female? female through and through

19. Do you have any pets? 2 cats. Widget, my best friend, is 13 and Gracie is 6. Gracie has more attitude than any 7 pound cat should ever have.
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." George Harrison

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:14 pm

Hey lizzie...thanks for taking the survey. It's fun - isn't it?

I have to say I was a lil slow to put myself out there like that.

That's all changed!!! :lol:

Stories is some kind of habit forming, ain't it?

Welcome to the forum :!:
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:20 am

Paddy thanks for getting this thread going again!!

Jen,

I love Great Big Sea!! I have only seen them 3 times though. Tragic I tell ya!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

danaj

Postby danaj » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:45 am

Okay, newbie here... I've been lurking around for awhile and finally decided, "Ah, what the hey... Jump on in!" :wink: So, here goes...

1. First Name: Dana

2. Age: 35

3. Shoe Size: 9

4. Favorite Color: bluegreen

5. Favorite Animal: wolf

6. Top 5 Artists: Yeah, like EP isn't #1. :lol: the other four are (in no particular order) Christopher Williams, Greg Klyma, Jamie Cullum and The Dedringers (and there are soooooo many others! Wow, what a tough question!)

7. 3 Favorite Songs right now: OK, another toughie. "Hard Kisser" by Greg Klyma, "Just Yet" by C-Dub and "East Tennessee" by the Dedringers

8. How you heard about Ellis Paul: I had heard so much about Ellis from people I knew and had set myself up *NOT* to swoon over him. I mean, really... who's *that* awesome? :roll: Puh-leeze! Then I saw him at Woody Guthrie Fest and... ah, hell... the lyrics, the music, the voice... *swoon* An immediate convert. :lol:

9. Favorite Ellis song: hmmmm..... Rollaway Bed... or Martyr's Lounge. Or maybe Conversation with a Ghost... Dang! Who makes these tough questions???!!!???

10. Where do you live?: Soonerville, OK (aka: Norman)

11. What do you do for work? manage a chiropractic office

12. Do you have any children? 5 gorgeous, funny, dramatic, musical girls (who are currently driving me to distraction!!! Teenagers and pre-teens anyone?)

13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Ya know, I always did wish I could be Storm from the X-Men...

14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? The Red Dirt Rangers... 10 or 12 times. I love those guys.

15. Favorite Venue: my 2 favorites are The Blue Door and The Chouse. I love the intimate feel of both these places. It's always like hanging out with friends with the added benefit of some excellent music. :)

16. Favorite Website: www.truthdig.com

17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? Don't ask me... go ask the Owl.

18. Are you male or female? F-E-M-A-L-E.

19. Do you have any pets? Recently lost our guinea pig to old age... :cry: So now we're down 3 dogs (Auggie the beagle mix, Kiki the cocker spaniel and Princess Lexie the full-of-attitude Lhasa Apso), Schroeder-kitty, Boxy the Turtle and Flash, my betta. Whew! :)
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:23 am

Dang it's late. Clock says it aint that late. I know better. We just turned them back last nite. It's late. I'm tired. But not too tired to say:

Dana.....thanks for joining the group and chimin in on the survey.

Have fun and Welcome Aboard :!:
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
paddy

wendy

Postby wendy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:26 am

Yes, WELCOME newbies to the Discussion Board!
Thanks for joining us! It's always good to meet new EP fans. 8)
Hope see you on the board often.
-wendy

SusanH

Postby SusanH » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:51 am

1. First Name - Susan
2. Age - 36
3. Shoe Size - 8 1/2
4. Favorite Color - Cobalt blue
5. Favorite Animal - Big Cats especially tigers
6. Top 5 Artists - In no particular order - Ellis Paul, The Alarm, Flynn, U2 and Gavin friday
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now. - too hard to narrow down
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul - Flynn
9. Favorite Ellis song - WAY too hard
10. Where do you live? - Quincy, Massachusetts
11. What do you do for work? - Medical secretary
12. Do you have any children? - Nope
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? - ABle to fly
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? - Don't know the numbers, but The Alarm, U2, Ellis and Flynn all seen at least 10-15 times each.
15. Favorite Venue - Passim
16. Favorite Website - Coffee break arcade. I have way too much down time at work.
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? - Way too impatient to figure that one out.
18. Are you male or female? - female
19. Do you have any pets?- A beast of a cat- Barney
Susan

lizzie

Paddy

Postby lizzie » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:52 am

Thank you for the welcome! I've been a fan for several years and even worked a trip to see my sister in Oklahoma around an Ellis performance in Tulsa. :D
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." George Harrison

Becky

Postby Becky » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:16 pm

I just had to say something here since I see that Dana J is from Norman...
Dana, you list your two favorite venues as the Blue Door and the Chouse...well, I love those places, too...perhaps I've seen you there?? But I want to be sure you know about our Winter Wind concert series at the Depot here. We've got some friends of Ellis's booked...Mark Erelli in December, Don Con in February and Antje in March. Hope to see you there!! (were you at Ellis's Summer Breeze show last July??)
And you have teenage daughters? I do, too...small world, huh? :D
Becky

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:25 pm

Becky,

I don't know.....but maybe the Winter Wind Concert Series should be changed to the Friends of Ellis Paul Concert Series. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

stacyx

Postby stacyx » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:49 am

1. First Name: Stacy

2. Age: Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyways or 3x11

3. Shoe Size: 6

4. Favorite Color: Blue

5. Favorite Animal: Cheetah

6. Top 5 Artists:
This is a hard one. Five that I'm currently into are:
Ellis
Antje Duvekot
Sister Hazel
INXS
David Berkeley

7. 3 Favorite Songs right now.
"Dandelion" by Antje
"Everything Else Disappears" by Sister Hazel
"Hungry" and "Perfect Strangers" by INXS

and the rest of the songs on my iPod

8. How you heard about Ellis Paul
A coworker of mine brought in "Sweet Mistakes" to work one night.

9. Favorite Ellis song
It's way too hard to pick just ONE. But if I had to...it's a tie between "Maria's Beautiful Mess" and "Take All the Sky You Need"

10. Where do you live? Carlisle, MA

11. What do you do for work? Network Operations Tech

12. Do you have any children? One. A daughter.

13. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
How can you pick just one with all that is available? I would have to go with shapeshifting, like Mystique. I could look anyway I wanted. (Yes, I'm a comic book geek)

14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it?
I honestly don't know. I guess it would have to be Ellis. I've seen him about 4 or 5 times now. I have quite a few at 2.
Garbage
No Doubt
James Taylor
They Might Be Giants
Sarah MacLachlan
Sheryl Crow

15. Favorite Venue: Passim

16. Favorite Website: That's another tough one.
<A HREF="http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html">Astronomy Picture of the Day</A>
<A HREF="http://www.fark.com">Fark.com</A>
<A HREF="http://www.livejournal.com">Livejournal</A>

17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? 3

18. Are you male or female? *checks* Female :)

19. Do you have any pets? One cat. Black.
May the road rise up to greet you, the wind always be at your back and may you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil realizes you're dead.

BillE

Postby BillE » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:11 am

1. First Name - Bill
2. Age - gulp, 54
3. Shoe Size - 8
4. Favorite Color - green
5. Favorite Animal - American Crow
6. Top 5 Artists - In no particular order - Ellis Paul, Richard Shindell, Jackson Browne, Eric Taylor, Don Conoscenti
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now. - Dublin Boys (Antje), Song for New Year's Eve (Gorka, from "A Lost World"), Vuelta (Shindell)
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul - Kerrville
9. Favorite Ellis song - Paris in a Day, 18, Bryant St.
10. Where do you live? - Pearland, TX (just south of Houston)
11. What do you do for work? - Ornithologist
12. Do you have any children? - beautiful 8-yr old twin girls
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? - Fly
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? - Probably EP, probably 25 times.
15. Favorite Venue - Mucky Duck, Eddie's Attic, Anderson Fair
16. Favorite Website - Pharyngula, RichardDawkins.net
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? - No idea
18. Are you male or female? - male
19. Do you have any pets?- Dog - Spencer, Cat - Percy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:12 pm

BillE.......HOWDY.....as they down Texas way. Thanks for adding to our ever growing list of members taking this get to know you survey lately. I hope it continues as ya just never know what you're gonna learn about fellow board members.

Eric Taylor and Anderson Fair...whew...do we go back. I saw Eric up here in concert this year and he is as dripping cool as ever. That new record just blows me away. We spoke after the show...and he was saying he ought to go back and learn some of those old songs of his. I was particularly interested in one of my favorite Eric Taylor songs ever called Virginia's Photograph. It was only ever released on Vinyl on a compilation Album called Thru The Dark Nightly with an artist sketch of Anderson Fair Retail Restaurant on the front cover. Yea....he oughta go back and learn some of those old ones. Anyway....longtime fan of Mr. Taylor right here.

Gorka song listed as one of your top 3........New Year's Eve song from Lost World. Hmmn......not familiar with that song or release. I'll try to look that one up.

Seen Ellis Paul 25 times in concert.....impressive. I gotta catch up. :D

Pat
paddy

BillE

Postby BillE » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:28 pm

I think "dripping cool" is a pretty good description... I don't know any of the stuff on vinyl, unless it was re-released. Yea, seeing ET at Anderson Fair is about as good as it gets.

The Gorka song (and several great ones by Shindell) are on a cd "Jay Ansill - A Lost World (Poems of Robert Graves set to music)":

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jayansill . Great cd. Check it out.

The real interesting thing to know about those 25 shows is how many Karen Z was also at...

care

i've been away too long

Postby care » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:33 pm

1. First Name: Carolyn / Care
2. Age: 24
3. Shoe Size: 7
4. Favorite Color: PURPLE
5. Favorite Animal: cats
6. Top 5 Artists: ellis paul, peter paul and mary, pat mcgee band, sara wheeler, antje
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now: two coins- dispatch, welcome to the 60's from hairspray the musical, in your eyes - peter gabriel
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul: a friend of mine from college copied his LIVE cd for me... i wore out the burn over the summer and went to my first dec 30th passim show that year.
9. Favorite Ellis song: speed of trees
10. Where do you live? just north of boston MA
11. What do you do for work? i have an office job during the day and at night i'm a dance teacher for middle school kids
12. Do you have any children? nope
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? invisibility
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? peter paul and mary - i've been seeing their shows since i was 4...
15. Favorite Venue: club passim- time runs differently there
16. Favorite Website: myspace probably...
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? depends on how fast you lick?
18. Are you male or female? female
19. Do you have any pets? nope

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Care,

Been loving PPM since Puff...who hasn't? Their 10 yr. best of was awesome and while I've seen them on tv plenty....only once at Kerrville have I ever seen them live. Have seen Peter Yarrow a number of times at Kerrville back in the day...he used to hang out for purt near the whole festival...and thats usually 18-21 days running..... :shock:

A really cool sound to be sure. Nice fellow too, that Peter. Huggin everybody in sight, but that's the norm at the festival anyway. :D

Thanks for taking the survey today.
paddy

care

PPM

Postby care » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:46 pm

did you know that mary is a leukima survivor?
last winter - no the winter before... she was diagnosed with leukima and underwent a bone marrow transplant- she's lost all her long beautiful blonde hair- she's taken to wearing it short- but what a trooper, she tires easily and walks with a cane but she still has the spirit.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:07 pm

Had not heard about Mary's health of late.....that's great news that she's survived it and tho tired still strong in spirit. :)

Pat
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:20 am

Care.....just saw this over at WUMB's website and here it is:

Together again!

Peter Paul & Mary report they are rehearsing again for the first time since November 2004 when Mary Travers was diagnosed with Leukemia. Mary has been recovering since last April from a bone-marrow transplant to treat the disease.

The trio plans to perform a holiday concert at Carnegie Hall on December 9. For more information see their Web site.
paddy

care

PPM

Postby care » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:17 pm

yeah that was last year. she's lovely now. check out the PPM website (peterpaulandmary.com) for more information!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:29 pm

care...oooops.....WUMB had it front page....is the DEC. return to concert this year or Last year?.....oh that's ok....I'll check their site. Thanks. :)
paddy

Tupelogirl#2

Postby Tupelogirl#2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:58 am

1. First Name: Laura
2. Age: almost 40 :o
3. Shoe Size: 7 1/2
4. Favorite Color: plum
5. Favorite Animal: dog
6. Top 5 Artists: (this week?) :lol: Ellis Paul, Chris Smither, Taxi Chain, Greg Greenway, and Christine Lavin (In no particular order...)
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now: Black Horse and the Cherry Tree ~ KT Tunstall, Snow in Austin ~ Ellis (the armadillos crack me up!!), Crocodile Man ~ Chris Smither
8. How you heard about Ellis: saw him at The Tupelo last year; my husband has been a fan for years so he told me about him
9. Favorite Ellis song: ohhh...just one? Can't do it...Blacktop train...Alice's Champagne Palace, Jukebox on my Grave, Home....and More!
10. Where do you live? New Hampshire
11. What do you do for work? children's libararian in an elementary school
12. Do you have any children? no, sadly... :cry:
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? hmmm...
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? John Eddie (I'm not sure; a lot, though...) Also Mike Morris...
15. Favorite Venue: The Tupelo (of course! :wink: )
16. Favorite Website: does e-bay count?? also Amazon.com
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? hmmm...? And what if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?
18. Are you male or female? Female
19. Do you have any pets? um...tons! 3 big dogs, 3 cats, 2 mini horses, 4 mini goats, 4 mini rabbits (I love those minis even though I'm not mini!), 25+ chickens, 25+ ducks....
Tumbleweeds
Dance on the ground
Armadillos (poor little guys)
Upside down

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:11 am

Oh boy! Another librarian! :D

Welcome Laura!

KarenZ

Tupelogirl#2

Postby Tupelogirl#2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:16 am

Another?? Who else?! You, Karen?? :D
Tumbleweeds

Dance on the ground

Upside down

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:22 am

Yes, me. There seems to be scads of Ellis Paul devotees who are librarians. ;)

KarenZ

Tupelogirl#2

Postby Tupelogirl#2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:25 am

So funny!! :lol: Do you work in a school or public library?
Tumbleweeds

Dance on the ground

Upside down

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:08 pm

Tupelogirl#2 wrote:
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? hmmm...? And what if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?

Oh I think I'm going to like having you around here! :mrgreen:

You have mini rabbits? Like the regular ones are soooooooo huge. :roll: :P

renee

survey

Postby renee » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:55 pm

Hey ya'll I like surveys so here you go.
1. First Name renee
2. Age slowly ripening into 36 (a good vintage I believe)
3. Shoe Size 8.5
4. Favorite Color sage green
5. Favorite Animal sea otter
6. Top 5 Artists al green, billy holiday, muddy waters, bonnie raitt, coldplay
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now. God is trying to tell you Something, From the Color Purple, Trouble, Coldplay, Angel from Montgomery with Bonnie Raitt and John Pryne (live)
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul from my friend Garth, who went with me to a show in Wimberly, TX where I told him i never heard of him but he sounded pretty good :oops:
9. Favorite Ellis song Words
10. Where do you live? Northshore, MA
11. What do you do for work? I am an activities director in affordable housing, I work with kids and seniors, lots of lemonade and bingo
12. Do you have any children? no, but looking forward to it
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? transportability, I want to be able to bip all over the world
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? wow, that's a toss up between ellis paul (20?), christopher williams (20?) and adam ezra group (20?)
15. Favorite Venue toad in cambridge, great sound, great beer, hard seats, ouch!
16. Favorite Website kevin so.com
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? that depends... are you talking the regular size or the mini-pops
19. Do you have any pets? I have an adorable little grey cat Henry who likes to get into trouble and is very naughty much like Henry Miller :shock:

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:20 pm

Muddy Waters ?!?!?!?! Way to go ! :D :D :D
Jeff

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Just bumping this thread to the top since we have so many new members.

Yay new members!!! Welcome!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:56 am

We do have several new members....ain't it great!!! Hope some of them can find the time to fill out this lil ol' survey.

Goes without saying...but I'll say it anyway....Welcome New Members!!!

Good to have you aboard!!! :D
paddy

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:03 pm

Okay, I'll give this a shot...

1. First Name - Dean
2. Age - 4x11
3. Shoe Size - 11
4. Favorite Color - Orange
5. Favorite Animal – It’s got two wheels
6. Top 5 Artists - Ellis Paul, Flynn, Marc Chagall, Monet, Gabriel Halpern
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now - Heat of the Sun by Flynn, The Day After Everything Changed and I really like No Sympathy as sung by EP on Flynn’s new record.
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul – The FastWoman (it’s a long story)
9. Favorite Ellis song – The Day After Everything Changed
10. Where do you live? Indiana
11. What do you do for work? Cyclist and part-time Engineer
12. Do you have any children? A lovely 20-year-old daughter
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Lance-Armstrong-ism
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? EP, 10
15. Favorite Venue – Blacktop two lane right through the corn field – I’m not kidding.
16. Favorite Website www.orbea-usa.com
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know.
18. Are you male or female? M
19. Do you have any pets? Do bicycles count?

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:11 am

Dean,

Thanks for this! :) It's been a while since we've had a newbie do the survey - they're always fun to read! And now I understand where your screen name comes from!

Looking forward to meeting someday and persuading you to tell the FastWoman story. ;)

KarenZ

PeteM

Postby PeteM » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:41 pm

I don't know Karen. I think dropping a tantalizing nugget like that and not giving details should be strongly discouraged. Maybe the Cliff Notes version Dean? :wink:
I'm just kidding with you. Welcome to the board. Its a lot of fun here.
Pete
Peter

Elaine

Postby Elaine » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:46 pm

Okay - here goes....

1. First Name Elaine
2. Age Is this really neccessary?? over 40 - that's all I'm saying
3. Shoe Size 8
4. Favorite Color the color of water
5. Favorite Animal frogs
6. Top 5 Artists Ellis Paul, Flynn, John Mellencamp, David Gray, Willie Porter
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now. Abiola, Because it's There, Hot and Cold
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul my brother
9. Favorite Ellis song Marc Chagall
10. Where do you live? Northwest Indiana
11. What do you do for work? Operations/Quality in a hospital
12. Do you have any children? no
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? swimming with the fishes
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? Ellis - lots
15. Favorite Venue not sure
16. Favorite Website www.terrybicyles.com
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? lots unless you bite it
19. Do you have any pets? no, no , no!!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:16 pm

Thanks for chiming in on the survey, Elaine. :D

That was fast!!! :P
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi Elaine! Thanks for letting us get to know you! Anyone who lists EP and her #1 is OK by me. ;)

KarenZ

annieb

Re: For new members: Get to know you survey!

Postby annieb » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:39 pm

bonuela wrote:The new board is a chance to get to know everyone just a little bit better. :D

1. First Name ~ Annie
2. Age ~ 47
3. Shoe Size ~ 7
4. Favorite Color ~ green
5. Favorite Animal ~ dog
6. Top 5 Artists ~ Ellis, Jackson Browne, Bruce Springsteen, Jeff Black, Richard Shindell, Patty Griffin. Ask again tomorrow it could all change! :)
7. 3 Favorite Songs right now. Unloved, duet with Jann Arden and Jackson Browne, Silent House, Crowded House, Let me be your Wittness, Marc Cohn.
8. How you heard about Ellis Paul ~ I'm a new fan, back in the fall, my friend Bob insisted I come down and see him play his venue (Eddie's Attic) with Kristian Bush and Caroline Herring.....I'm so glad I did!!
9. Favorite Ellis song ~ Conversation with a Ghost! Breaks my heart every time!!
10. Where do you live? ~ Roswell GA
11. What do you do for work? ~ Sales
12. Do you have any children? ~ Yes, a grown son.
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? To be able to snap my finger and have the ability to play any instrument. Now THAT would be a super power!!
14. What band/artist have you seen the most times and how many times was it? ~ Easyily Jackson Browne. I have been following him for more than 30 years. I lost track loooong ago how many times I have seen him.
15. Favorite Venue ~ Local? Eddies Attic Decatur Ga. There's just something about that place!
16. Favorite Website ~ Jacksonscafe, it's a daily ritual filled with great music loving people...alot like this place. :)
17. How many licks DOES it take to get to a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? ~ I'll let ya know when I figure that out.
18. Are you male or female? ~ female
19. Do you have any pets?
~ not right now.

Annie

Return to “Say Something”