Robert F. Kennedy - June 5, 1968

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Robert F. Kennedy - June 5, 1968

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:31 am

Senator Robert Kennedy was shot and mortally wounded 40 years ago today on June 5, 1968, shortly after giving a victory speech to celebrate his win in the California primary election. He died the next day. In a eulogy for his brother on June 8, Senator Edward Kennedy said:

"My brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life, to be remembered simply as a good decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it. Those of us who loved him, and who take him to his rest today, pray that what he was to us and what he wished for others will someday come to pass for all the world."

Our little online community here is a microcosm of the world RFK envisioned. Welcoming. Embracing what we have in common. Celebrating what sets us apart. Lets strive to look at each other and see only each other's goodness - rather than attaching a label or making a judgment. Repeat these words:

I am
I am
A citizen of the world!

And :) at a stranger today!

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:47 am

Karen.....excellent idea! :)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

annieb

Postby annieb » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:34 am

Amen to that!

Annie :)

Return to “Say Something”