Woody Fest - where to stay

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

2bluesboys

Woody Fest - where to stay

Postby 2bluesboys » Wed May 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi:

I wonder if all you Woody Fest veterans could help me out by giving me some info on where to stay. I would specifically like to know if you have personally stayed somewhere closeby that is a decent place and that might still have some room.

Thanks-I would really appreciate your help.

Barbara

If you don't want to post where you are staying could you pm me?

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu May 08, 2008 2:54 am

Barbara,
Last year which was our first trip we took Karen's advice and stayed at the Super8 in Henryetta. Its clean, comfortable and safe and is about 15 miles from Okemah. We're booked in there this year too. The only accomodation in Okemah is taken over by the musicians so you have to stay away.

There were other fans staying at the Super 8 too so we got to have breakfasts in a group - it was great fun.

Other WoodyFesters we know stay at Green Country Inn in Henryetta.

Henryetta is an easy drive to Okemah, just one long straight road I-40 and takes about 15/20 mins.

Hope this gives you some guidance, I'm not sure about availability though - we booked a while back as we know that it gets pretty busy around WoodyFest.

See you in July

Jela

2bluesboys

Postby 2bluesboys » Thu May 08, 2008 6:26 pm

Thanks, Jela.

Looks like they're all booked up. I'll have to plan way ahead next year.

Anyone stay in Shawnee?

Do you all stay at the festival all day or do you head back to your hotel for an afternoon break?

Barbara

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Barbara,

Did you try other motels in Henryetta? There are one or two others, I think.

I rarely go back to the motel in the afternoon because there's really not enought time between when the afternoon shows end and the gates to the Pastures of Plenty (for the evening shows) open. But I guess you could - depending on who you wanted to hear.

Good luck! Yes, reserve earlier next year. You can always cancel if you don't go. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

2bluesboys

Postby 2bluesboys » Thu May 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Oh no, we don't want to miss anybody so we won't be going back to our room. I wasn't sure if there was a break in the music in the afternoon.

I can't wait to see the schedule. I guess it will be a challenge to pick and choose when more than one person is playing at a time. :?

I'll check the other motels.

Thanks, Karen..

Barbara

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri May 09, 2008 1:39 am

We also stay out all day, going onto the evening session without taking any break back at our room.

Re the accomodation, last year I know that some rooms were block booked early on and subsequently became available - it'd be a risk to wait to see if this happened again - maybe you could try an enquiry via the WoodyFest message board and ask if anyone has booked rooms that they don't think they will be using. Just a thought.

Jela

Return to “Say Something”