The Artists Den

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

The Artists Den

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:17 pm

I have had this venue and concert series on my music radar for about a year now and even have a Patty Griffin concert that was filmed there on DVD --- sadly I've yet to even crack the seal and watch it, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to ask if anyone's heard of this place, anyone been to this place, anyone besides me think it might be a great place for Ellis Paul to play someday and even better be one of the artists The Artist's Den takes the time and care to capture on film for future DVD release.

I for one would love another DVD...... :D

http://www.theartistsden.com/v2/
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

annieb

Postby annieb » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Hey Paddy,

I've heard of The Artists Den.

Clicking on the link at the top left of their site, it looks to me like it's not an actual venue, but more of an organization that stages concerts in different settings in various cities....or am I reading that wrong?

If so, it sounds like a cool concept. There is a place here in Atlanta, a cemetery actually, and it has this really beautiful, sort of an outdoor chapel, with a stone altar and stone benches. In the springtime when the azaleas and dogwoods are in bloom its so beautiful. I like to go there, it's really peaceful. I always thought it would be a great place for a quiet acoustic concert.....like Ellis!!

Annie

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:04 pm

Annie

I think you're right....it's a series with various venues.

Having hung around a few Kerrville campfires in my day.....

I'd say you're right about Ellis playing outdoors and quiet like. 8)

Pure magic.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”